Banner image by Mike116

Banner image by Mike116

Author Topic: Today’s post is not a question but a thank you  (Read 2233 times)

Offline AR. Hillbilly

• View Profile
Today’s post is not a question but a thank you
« on: October 17, 2021, 05:02:47 AM »
Y’all have been very patient with me. The help has been beyond appreciated. In this modern world it’s so refreshing to find such a respectable group so willing to help. I do have many more questions and will ask along the way but just wanted to say thank you to each of you for getting me to this point.
If my wife knew what I did in her kitchen sink last night y’all would soon be reading my obituary 😀

Offline Zulch

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
Re: Today’s post is not a question but a thank you
« Reply #1 on: October 17, 2021, 05:54:18 AM »
Y’all have been very patient with me. The help has been beyond appreciated. In this modern world it’s so refreshing to find such a respectable group so willing to help. I do have many more questions and will ask along the way but just wanted to say thank you to each of you for getting me to this point.
If my wife knew what I did in her kitchen sink last night y’all would soon be reading my obituary 😀

Good morning AR.   :lol-049: (7+"  So you cleaned em up in the sink it sounds??  :lol-049:  Sounds like you had a great and fun day at the range too. I'm very glad you like it here AR. Like I've said, these folks here have helped me out a lot too. The more questions you have, the better. Your posts are great and fun to follow :happy-thumbs-up-050:. Look forward to seeing more. Be interested to know what you plan to do with the brasser based on all the feedback you got from the guys. All in good time that is. You said you have a steel frame 1860 right as well? Pietta? Cant' remember, Thanks Tim

Offline AR. Hillbilly

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: October 17, 2021, 06:54:15 AM »
Yes for my Birthday my wife bought me a pietta steel frame 1860. Used but never fired.
I have taken a real shine to it and that put the brasser on the back burner somewhat. I did shoot one cylinder through the brasser. It actually shot quite well.
That said, I really want a steel frame Navy.
I believe I can fix or have the brass fixed bit it will always be a brass.
I believe it was made in 1994. It just doesn’t seem to be made as well as the Army.
I’m a little afraid to sell it with the cylinder to barrel gap.
I haven’t decided what to do yet. Yes I cleaned barrels and cylinders in the kitchen sink. I then took them to the shop and blew air through them and warmed up with a hair dryer.
I also have a toaster oven in the shop. I may dry them but n that.

Offline Zulch

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: October 17, 2021, 07:51:59 AM »
Yes for my Birthday my wife bought me a pietta steel frame 1860. Used but never fired.
I have taken a real shine to it and that put the brasser on the back burner somewhat. I did shoot one cylinder through the brasser. It actually shot quite well.
That said, I really want a steel frame Navy.
I believe I can fix or have the brass fixed bit it will always be a brass.
I believe it was made in 1994. It just doesn’t seem to be made as well as the Army.
I’m a little afraid to sell it with the cylinder to barrel gap.
I haven’t decided what to do yet. Yes I cleaned barrels and cylinders in the kitchen sink. I then took them to the shop and blew air through them and warmed up with a hair dryer.
I also have a toaster oven in the shop. I may dry them but n that.

That was very nice of her to buy that for your birthday.  :001_smile: Wish mine would do that for me. LOL Regarding selling the brasser if you so choose. Hawg mentioned just parting it out as an option. Just a thought. No big hurry anyway right? So glad you were able to finally get out there and shoot. Going back again today?

Offline Hawg

• Now you went and done it!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: October 17, 2021, 08:30:05 AM »
We're here to help. Glad to have a new enthusiastic member.  :-*
Do not meddle in the affairs of dragons, for thou art crunchy and tasteth good with ketchup.

Offline Zulch

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: October 17, 2021, 08:31:46 AM »
We're here to help. Glad to have a new enthusiastic member.  :-*
I second that Hawg.? (7&
« Last Edit: October 18, 2021, 05:09:28 AM by Zulch »

Offline Captainkirk

• Administrator Extraordinaire and Part-Time Gunslinger
  • Administrator
  • "Never said I didn't know how to use it" M.Quigley
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: October 17, 2021, 09:31:35 AM »
AR, we are pleased to have you, and happy to answer your questions and help out. Our goal is to be the friendliest, most helpful BP forum out there. :toast:

I always try to wait until the wife has retired for the night before commencing cleaning functions. Probably one of the reasons I'm still around to shoot today!
I cleaned my Sharps in the workshop last night and it still reeks like sulfur this morning. ::)

If the excess gap bothers you on the brasser WRT selling it, I would suggest taking Hawg's suggestion and parting it out on eBay.
"You gonna pull those pistols, or whistle Dixie?"

Offline ShotgunDave

• Gun Geezer
  • Administrator
  • Black Powder Aficionado
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: October 17, 2021, 12:41:53 PM »
We're glad you like it here Hillbilly. And it's nice to hear that from a member once in a while. Makes us feel like we're accomplishing our mission to create the best black powder hangout on the inter webs.

Keep them questions coming!
"Never trust an actor with a gun."
-Abe Lincoln