Banner image by Mike116

Banner image by Mike116

Author Topic: Ruger Old Army with 209 shotgun primer nipples.  (Read 5482 times)

Offline Sooty Barrels

• View Profile
Re: Ruger Old Army with 209 shotgun primer nipples.
« Reply #30 on: October 31, 2021, 06:36:18 AM »
Yes, this is very interesting THANKS!

Offline AlaskanGuy

• Old
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: October 31, 2021, 07:09:24 AM »
i sure like the 209 primer idea, but folks that reload shotshell like me have learned over time which primers work and which dont.

would love to find a set of those 209 primer nipples!!!
Any technology not understood, can seem like magic. Bible Believer..

Offline Necessaryevil

• View Profile
« Reply #32 on: October 31, 2021, 11:10:57 AM »
 :happy-thumbs-up-050:
Yes, this is very interesting THANKS!

:happy-thumbs-up-050:

Offline Necessaryevil

• View Profile

Offline Necessaryevil

• View Profile
« Reply #34 on: October 31, 2021, 11:18:18 AM »
i sure like the 209 primer idea, but folks that reload shotshell like me have learned over time which primers work and which dont.

would love to find a set of those 209 primer nipples!!!

I have a Lee shotshell reloading press but have never reloaded shotshells per se. I only use it to re-stuff birdshot shells. I empty the birdshot , cast slugs with it and stuff them back into the hulls.

Alan will send them anywhere through the post !

All you have to do is order them telling him what specific revolver you want them for as the threads are different. Also if you're planning on using them in an 1858 replica you need one of his modified hammers with a firing pin in it.

https://www.aandagunsmiths.co.uk
« Last Edit: October 31, 2021, 11:27:47 AM by Necessaryevil »

Offline Necessaryevil

• View Profile
« Reply #35 on: October 31, 2021, 11:26:12 AM »
ZULCH

Been here since November 2008, the climate, the food, the vino the low cost of living and general quality of life. What's not to like ?  :)O

Gun laws are pretty reasonable too. I used to have a 12g pump action with a pistol grip and FOURTEEN inch barrel. You need paperwork and a tax stamp for that in the states.

If you can convince the Guardia Civil Police that you NEED one you can have a CCW too.

I have a Stainless Uberti Remington 1858 8" barrel, a beautiful Colt Cobra .38 in nickle / stainless and finally a Llama Martial .38 4".

I almost forgot, an original Colt Navy .36 made in 1852 according to Hawg. I have an Uberti cylinder for it as well as the original.

So all in all a great place to live.
« Last Edit: October 31, 2021, 12:32:12 PM by Necessaryevil »

Offline Zulch

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: October 31, 2021, 12:55:20 PM »
ZULCH

Been here since November 2008, the climate, the food, the vino the low cost of living and general quality of life. What's not to like ?  :)O

Gun laws are pretty reasonable too. I used to have a 12g pump action with a pistol grip and FOURTEEN inch barrel. You need paperwork and a tax stamp for that in the states.

If you can convince the Guardia Civil Police that you NEED one you can have a CCW too.

I have a Stainless Uberti Remington 1858 8" barrel, a beautiful Colt Cobra .38 in nickle / stainless and finally a Llama Martial .38 4".

Necessaryevil. Sounds nice over there. Love to see your irons if you get a chance👍 Maybe I can see Spain someday. (7+". I have a Remmy that I posted a week ago under Photos if you get a chance to look. I only have one Remmy. I also have a Uberti Walker, gregorelli/uberti 1851, Pietta 1861 and an 1851 Pietta Sheriff. Tim

Offline ShotgunDave

• Gun Geezer
  • Administrator
  • Black Powder Aficionado
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: November 01, 2021, 09:31:29 AM »
I looked at that gunsmith's website. It's very good. I think I am going to contact him and see if he can make the nipples for a Colt. I think they would work to shoot rubber or wax bullets using a 209 primer only for propulsion. That would be a neat way to shoot in your garage or basement without burning any powder.
"Never trust an actor with a gun."
-Abe Lincoln

Offline Zulch

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: November 01, 2021, 10:06:09 AM »
I looked at that gunsmith's website. It's very good. I think I am going to contact him and see if he can make the nipples for a Colt. I think they would work to shoot rubber or wax bullets using a 209 primer only for propulsion. That would be a neat way to shoot in your garage or basement without burning any powder.
Wow. That’s a cool idea Dave. Thanks man. What are the prices like? I need to check it out.  :cowboypistol:

Offline Zulch

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: November 01, 2021, 10:10:07 AM »
ZULCH

I almost forgot, an original Colt Navy .36 made in 1852 according to Hawg. I have an Uberti cylinder for it as well as the original.

Necessaryevil. Hey. Would you mind posting a picture of you Llama Martial? I would like to see that one. When you have time. Thanks, Tim

Offline AlaskanGuy

• Old
    • View Profile
« Reply #40 on: November 01, 2021, 10:34:29 AM »
i did write them yesterday to see what it would take to get them here. as well as the hammer!!
Any technology not understood, can seem like magic. Bible Believer..

Offline Necessaryevil

• View Profile
« Reply #41 on: November 02, 2021, 02:55:51 AM »
i did write them yesterday to see what it would take to get them here. as well as the hammer!!

I emailed him too to see if he has any Pachmayrs for my Ruger, he says he's away on holiday for about 10 days. I've no doubt he'll be able sort you out.

Offline Necessaryevil

• View Profile
« Reply #42 on: November 02, 2021, 05:02:02 AM »
As requested my Llama Martial .38 revolver.

A Spanish copy of a S+W model 19 mas o menos.

Offline Zulch

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #43 on: November 02, 2021, 05:52:20 AM »
Necessaryevil. Hey. Wow!!! That’s a nice looking piece! Did you buy that in Spain?  Do you shoot that often? Are you able to shoot on your property or is there a range nearby? Thanks for the pictures👍

Offline Necessaryevil

• View Profile
« Reply #44 on: November 02, 2021, 10:43:16 AM »
Hola

Yes I bought it here. It's a Spanish made revolver. I live in the middle of a small town so no I can't shoot it here 'cos the neighbours will call the Cops and I'd get locked up  :no_no:

The only place you can shoot these legally in Spain is on approved licenced gun ranges. You can hunt with rifles and shotguns over private land with permission though.
« Last Edit: November 02, 2021, 11:25:20 PM by Necessaryevil »