Banner image by Mike116

Banner image by Mike116

Author Topic: caliber of bore.  (Read 1476 times)

Offline toot

• View Profile
caliber of bore.
« on: February 07, 2022, 06:12:27 AM »
I would like to know after all the time to make a HARPERS FERRY flint lock pistol, why PERERSOLI, did not make them in the correct boring of 54 CAL, smooth bore instead of a giant 58, CAL.? they made a replica that never was? and OH! that great case hardening on it. just courious? any one know the answer?

Online Captainkirk

• Administrator Extraordinaire and Part-Time Gunslinger
  • Administrator
  • "Never said I didn't know how to use it" M.Quigley
    • View Profile
Re: caliber of bore.
« Reply #1 on: February 07, 2022, 08:14:44 PM »
No, I don't. However I've heard from others that Davide Pedersoli is pretty good about answering emails. I would suggest you try to contact them.

https://shop.davide-pedersoli.com/en/contact-us
"You gonna pull those pistols, or whistle Dixie?"

Offline ssb73q

• Gunsmoke junkie
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: February 13, 2022, 09:01:00 AM »
Hi toot, the Pedersoli Harper's Ferry also has a rifled bore. A lot of these replicas get bastardized. For example, the original Queen Anne pistol had a screw barrel, the Pedersoli Queen Anne replica has a solid barrel.

I suspect that the change of detail with replicas is to minimize forgery. There are a lot of unethical firearm dealers.

Regards,
Richard
There’s nothing better in the morning than the smell of bacon and black powder smoke!

Offline toot

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: September 23, 2022, 04:41:46 AM »
I have one that was made in BELEGIUM, and is in original 54 cal. I was told it was made in the 60's. it is stamped on the barrel CENTENIAL, MADE IN BELGEIUM. a great sparker & shooter. it is a spot on copy.

Offline Zulch

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: September 23, 2022, 05:40:50 AM »
WOW toot!! Wish I could see a picture of that one. Sounds very nice indeed!  :usa-flag-89: