Banner image by Mike116

Banner image by Mike116

Author Topic: Howdy from Central Texas  (Read 4518 times)

Offline brazosdave

• Redneck Mower Jockey
    • View Profile
Howdy from Central Texas
« on: January 26, 2014, 03:40:31 PM »
Hey ya'll!  I know some of you guys from around the net and personally, and to those I don't yet, pleased to make yer aqquaintance!  I live in Central Texas near Ft. Hood, retired from the Army after around 25 yrs or so, and I work Grounds Maintenance at Central Texas College for a living.  For a hobby and lifestyle, I love the firearms of the 18th and 19th Century, particularly the Civil War era, with my preference being Colt models and the various copies made of them by the Confederacy and others.  I like the guns of the later 1800's as well, and I don't think any kid who grew up watching Westerns didn't want the good ole Colt 1873 Single Action Army, which I have represented by a Uberti Hombre.  I have a number of revolvers, of various manufacturers, ranging from 49 Wells Fargo models to Navys and Armys.  I also love the Confederate copies, and have representations of Griswolds, Leech & Rigdon, as well as some of the "fantasy" brass frame .44's with the Schneider & Glassick style octagonal barrels.  I like shooting, working on the guns, making holsters, and running lead ball and making powder.  Luckily for me, my lovely wife of 10 yrs shares my interest, and joins me in all those activities.  I learned much of the little that I do know from some of the guys who are right here on this very forum now, so if you are lookin for info, cameraderie, or just love sharing your collection and enjoying pictures of other folks guns, you are in the right place!
"I don't gotta kill a man, I just gotta make him sit down"

Offline Kaboom

• Too many hobbies, too little time.
    • View Profile
Re: Howdy from Central Texas
« Reply #1 on: January 26, 2014, 03:50:51 PM »
Welcome, Brazos. Mighty nice ta meetcha. I like the Civil War enough that I do re-enacting, as you can see from my avatar. Ennyway, good ta have ya on here.  )k*
Black powder smoke is my Aromatherapy.

Offline mike116

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
    • LeathersmithMike.net
« Reply #2 on: January 26, 2014, 04:36:32 PM »
Nice to have you here brazosdave.  How about some some photos of your guns and you can show off your holster work too.

Offline mazo kid

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: January 26, 2014, 07:04:19 PM »
Welcome from Wisconsin, good to meet you! I just know you are gonna fit in here just fine.

Offline Tom-ADC

• Old Salt
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: January 26, 2014, 07:08:25 PM »
Welcome aboard, we like Texas!

Offline Captainkirk

• Administrator Extraordinaire and Part-Time Gunslinger
  • Administrator
  • "Never said I didn't know how to use it" M.Quigley
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: January 26, 2014, 08:02:44 PM »
Glad you stopped by, Brazos. You'll find you know quite a few of the fellers, and the ones you don't, you should. I knew from your hardware collection you would fit right in with these boys. Hope you will make yourself right at home and share some pictures of those nice 'hawglaigs' and join in the discussion!
"You gonna pull those pistols, or whistle Dixie?"

Offline Rigmarol

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: January 28, 2014, 09:41:08 AM »
Good to see you Brazo! Now it's a party!!!

Offline StrawHat

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: January 29, 2014, 04:37:41 AM »
Welcome Dave,

Grab a seat, and get yourself some coffee.  When you get settled, open your mouth and join in the conversation. 
Knowledge carried to the grave unshared, is wasted.

www.NoonSharpening.com

Offline Mad Dog Stafford

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: January 31, 2014, 04:35:51 PM »
Well, Welcome brazosdave! Great to have ya on here!  :-*