Banner image by Mike116

Banner image by Mike116

Author Topic: All the correct answers in one place  (Read 5074 times)

Offline WALKER102

• View Profile
All the correct answers in one place
« on: January 19, 2014, 08:41:05 PM »
Ok if your expecting the correct answers about anything colt here you defiantly in the wrong place. I hate to openly admit that over the years  I have forgotten as much as I have so if you look for an answer from me you will have  50% change of it being right.  By title I was hoping to gather as much knowledge on this board to provide either the correct answer or at least one that sounded like it make's sense.  What I was to about getting old and start suffering from"C.R.S."  (Can't remember Stuff")  just "make up things".  If I take the time problems can be answered by hit and miss  or just ask someone. Thanks for having me here.

Offline Captainkirk

• Administrator Extraordinaire and Part-Time Gunslinger
  • Administrator
  • "Never said I didn't know how to use it" M.Quigley
    • View Profile
Re: All the correct answers in one place
« Reply #1 on: January 19, 2014, 08:44:41 PM »
Well, practice makes perfect. And if you tell a lie long enough, you believe it.
You probably forgot more than we ever knew, so spread your lines and if nobody calls you on it, you're golden! ;)
"You gonna pull those pistols, or whistle Dixie?"

Offline Kaboom

• Too many hobbies, too little time.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: January 19, 2014, 08:57:37 PM »
Say, welcome Walker. At my advanced age I've been using that method of answering questions for a while now. Just answer then keep real quiet like and everyone thinks they got the real deal...... )k* L@. )k* L@.   :-\
Black powder smoke is my Aromatherapy.

Offline mike116

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
    • LeathersmithMike.net
« Reply #3 on: January 19, 2014, 09:29:14 PM »
Welcome to the Forum WALKER102.

Offline StrawHat

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: January 20, 2014, 05:33:20 AM »
Welcome!

What was the question?
Knowledge carried to the grave unshared, is wasted.

www.NoonSharpening.com

Offline Tom-ADC

• Old Salt
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: January 20, 2014, 09:35:48 AM »
Welcome aboard Walker I'm guessing you have a few?

Offline WALKER102

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: January 20, 2014, 02:54:53 PM »
Thanks to all for the warm welcome,  Yes TOM I have a few Colts and even have one Remmie somewhere in the cabinet or on the wall, or on a shelf.  Two years ago I had an owner of a local gun shop offer me a 36cal Colt for $300.00.  I went over and examined it expecting to see a Pietta or ASM,  wrong...  it was a 1862 Colt from Colt not a repo.  I told him that this was in fact the REAL DEAL, and told him what an average price should be for it. His responses was if you want it for $300 you can have it even thou I offered to pay him more than the asking price.  So to make long story short it came home with me,  still feel guilty that I got it for the low price.  Health has began to get the better of me and it has crossed my mind to go ahead and reduce my collection of all my firearms so the wife will not have to deal with disposal after I'm gone.  Biggest thing is I don't want kids coming in like vultures or to have a "Friend" lowball her.  But have decided that as long as I can wobble over to the cabinet and pick up one to admire it then they will just stay here.

Offline mazo kid

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: January 20, 2014, 05:02:25 PM »
Hi, and welcome from Wisconsin. There are a bunch of us gray beards that hang out here!

Offline WALKER102

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: January 20, 2014, 07:17:12 PM »
The grey I can handle with no issue, its the aches and moaning that goes along with the grey.  Told my oldest daughter I named my first ulcer after her, Mt Victoria.  And the Grey hair is inherited, you get it from your kids.  But I am proud of each and every grey hair I have, I earned all of them.    (7&

Offline Rigmarol

• View Profile
« Reply #9 on: January 22, 2014, 09:37:57 AM »
Welcome Walker102, Glad to meet you.

I've decided the pain is just to let me know I'm still among the living.
And the grey hair? I don't care what color is becomes as long as it's still there!!! I gave my Dad too much grief for his baldheadedness that I'm afraid I might "catch it" too. LOL.

Offline WALKER102

• View Profile
« Reply #10 on: January 25, 2014, 12:03:00 PM »
My wife has said many times that she is jealous of my hair.  It is thick, grows so darn fast that you could almost watch it grow.  Back in early 2007 I had to take the radiation and chemo treatment for 6 weeks.  I have known several people that went thru the same treatment and they lost their hair,  me  no not even one hair.   The moaning and pain that flairs up at times embarrasses me, I will squat down to pick up something and grown on the way up but I never thought that it can be viewed as signal that at least I'm not pushing up daisies.  How much have I forgotten,  too much, it seems that my long term memory is slightly better than my short term.  But at least I still remember how to load up my colts an single shot prairie pistols.  Thanks to all for great reception