Banner image by Mike116

Banner image by Mike116

Author Topic: Name That Movie  (Read 29764 times)

Offline Zulch

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
Re: Name That Movie
« Reply #15 on: March 01, 2022, 06:28:27 AM »
actor looks like gary cooper ,  'man of the west' is my guess  :old_man:
Better guess than me Baron...I was thinking Randolph Scott

Offline Zulch

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: March 01, 2022, 06:30:57 AM »
actor looks like gary cooper ,  'man of the west' is my guess  :old_man:
I think the hat is wrong for Man of the West?

Offline Zulch

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: March 01, 2022, 06:33:32 AM »
My name is Nobody (il miu nome e Nessuno). Henry Fonda as Jack Beauregard. As much as I love and respect Henry Fonda, I never understood why he agreed to share the bill with Terence Hill.
Terence Hill reminds me of Max Baer (Jethro Bodine) in the face anyway.

Offline Zulch

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: March 01, 2022, 06:52:33 AM »
From a movie I watched last night:
Okay Ringo, the guy reminds me of Jimmy Stewart or possibly Randolph Scott. Am I warm?

Offline Ringo

• A man's gotta do what a man's gotta do.
    • View Profile
    • répliques Old West
« Reply #19 on: March 01, 2022, 07:59:26 AM »
You're right on Gary Cooper, Baron. One of the greatest actors of all time. Had he only played in High Noon, he would be forever remembered. Lckily for us, he made numerous other movies, almost each one being a classic.
I must admit the movie might be classified as obscure, although Richard Widmark (another favorite of mine) co-stars.

Offline Zulch

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: March 01, 2022, 08:02:52 AM »
Okay, awesome Baron. You were correct sir. Now up next, a B movie and obscure to some? Maybe not:

Offline Zulch

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: March 01, 2022, 08:04:27 AM »
You're right on Gary Cooper, Baron. One of the greatest actors of all time. Had he only played in High Noon, he would be forever remembered. Lckily for us, he made numerous other movies, almost each one being a classic.
I must admit the movie might be classified as obscure, although Richard Widmark (another favorite of mine) co-stars.
I too, like Widmark Ringo.  :-* Was the movie "Garden of Evil"??

Offline Ringo

• View Profile
    • répliques Old West
« Reply #22 on: March 01, 2022, 08:11:51 AM »
The movie was written and directed by James Landis, and stars Arch Hall Jr. as the main character, who gives its name to the film.

Offline Ringo

• View Profile
    • répliques Old West
« Reply #23 on: March 01, 2022, 08:12:59 AM »
I too, like Widmark Ringo.  :-* Was the movie "Garden of Evil"??
Yes Sir ! Garden of Evil, indeed.  :toast:

Offline Zulch

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: March 01, 2022, 08:19:43 AM »
The movie was written and directed by James Landis, and stars Arch Hall Jr. as the main character, who gives its name to the film.
😳😳 you’re killin me Ringo!! That is fantastic that you knew that. You post another. You’re good at this and I need practice🤣🤣

Offline Ringo

• View Profile
    • répliques Old West
« Reply #25 on: March 01, 2022, 08:25:59 AM »

Okay, so this is Lee Van Cleef alright, but who is facing him there, and what's the name of the movie ?
I must admit Lee VanCleef starred in a great many spaghetti westerns, most of which are not top notch, but this one may be a little bit better than most.

Offline Zulch

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: March 01, 2022, 08:46:04 AM »
Ringo, I would be guessing at this point. I had no idea that he did so many spaghetti westerns . Gee whiz!!! He was a busy man. Didn’t realize his first movie appearance was High Noon either. I need schooling’😫

Offline Ringo

• View Profile
    • répliques Old West
« Reply #27 on: March 01, 2022, 09:49:11 AM »
Okay, so one hint : the actor facing him is Giuliano Gemma, who once starred as Captain Montgomery Brown aka Ringo, in Ducio Tessari's The return of Ringo, number 10 in Quentin Tarantino's Top 20 favorite Spaghetti Westerns. I must add that I took my name from this movie, the first spaghetti western I ever saw.
Now, the question remains: what is the title of the movie from which I took the picture?

Offline Zulch

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: March 01, 2022, 10:07:11 AM »
Okay, so one hint : the actor facing him is Giuliano Gemma, who once starred as Captain Montgomery Brown aka Ringo, in Ducio Tessari's The return of Ringo, number 10 in Quentin Tarantino's Top 20 favorite Spaghetti Westerns. I must add that I took my name from this movie, the first spaghetti western I ever saw.
Now, the question remains: what is the title of the movie from which I took the picture?

At least I got one thing right. I suspected that your handle was based on Johnny Ringo. Woo hoo. I'm real bright huh? HAHAHAHA.. Anyway. It's not fair because you gave me enough information to hunt the movie up on the internet but I will see if this is correct. "Day of Anger"? Now if this is true I simply must see this one and other Van Cleef movies

Offline Ringo

• View Profile
    • répliques Old West
« Reply #29 on: March 01, 2022, 10:11:29 AM »
Day of anger, you're right Zulch. Number 7 in Quentin Tarantino's Top 20 favorite Spaghetti Westerns.
https://www.spaghetti-western.net/index.php/Quentin_Tarantino's_Top_20_favorite_Spaghetti_Westerns