Banner image by Mike116

Banner image by Mike116

Author Topic: Liquidate collection?  (Read 3701 times)

Offline ssb73q

• Gunsmoke junkie
    • View Profile
Liquidate collection?
« on: March 14, 2022, 09:37:24 AM »
Hi, I am looking to liquidate my BP revolver collection. Any suggestions on how to liquidate my BP revolver collection to recover my original investment?

Regards,
Richard
There’s nothing better in the morning than the smell of bacon and black powder smoke!

Offline Zulch

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
Re: Liquidate collection?
« Reply #1 on: March 14, 2022, 10:45:15 AM »
Richard, Sad to hear you are wanting to liquidate? Hope everything is okay with you sir. Just curious. Do you have a Richards Mason conversion? Z

Offline ShotgunDave

• Gun Geezer
  • Administrator
  • Black Powder Aficionado
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: March 14, 2022, 10:55:05 AM »
Everything okay Richard? I never thought I'd ever hear you say something like that.

You have a fantastic collection. Several of your pieces I would love to have. If I were a wealthy man, I'd buy it from you. If you're looking for top dollar, maybe one of the auction houses would be your best bet.

Very sorry to hear this.
"Never trust an actor with a gun."
-Abe Lincoln

Offline Captainkirk

• Administrator Extraordinaire and Part-Time Gunslinger
  • Administrator
  • "Never said I didn't know how to use it" M.Quigley
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: March 14, 2022, 12:11:00 PM »
Richard, hope all is well? You might try auctioning one at a time on GunBroker to maximize your return. Sorry to hear you are closing up shop, so to speak. :rain-035:
"You gonna pull those pistols, or whistle Dixie?"

Offline Hawg

• Now you went and done it!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: March 14, 2022, 01:16:41 PM »
Gunbroker would be your best bet. You picked a pretty good time to sell.
Do not meddle in the affairs of dragons, for thou art crunchy and tasteth good with ketchup.

Offline AlaskanGuy

• Old
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: March 15, 2022, 05:54:30 AM »
richard?????

Well, if your gunna sell to buy one of them new fancy drones, I totally understand, but better keep a few around…..

How many pieces are we talking about here?
Any technology not understood, can seem like magic. Bible Believer..

Offline ssb73q

• Gunsmoke junkie
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: March 16, 2022, 03:46:29 AM »
Hi Guys, all is well here. It's just that as I am getting older I realize that I don't need to keep all my 60+ BP handguns. The last thing I would want is for my heirs ending up selling the handguns for ten cents on the dollar.

Thank you for your suggestions.

Regards,
Richard
There’s nothing better in the morning than the smell of bacon and black powder smoke!

Offline Zulch

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: March 16, 2022, 05:44:45 AM »
Hi Guys, all is well here. It's just that as I am getting older I realize that I don't need to keep all my 60+ BP handguns. The last thing I would want is for my heirs ending up selling the handguns for ten cents on the dollar.

Regards,
Richard
Richard, very good to know that all is okay with you sir. Would you consider letting some of the Colt Country folks have a chance at buying some of your revolvers? Sounds like you have an extensive collection.
Thanks Tim

Offline ShotgunDave

• Gun Geezer
  • Administrator
  • Black Powder Aficionado
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: March 16, 2022, 08:22:23 AM »
Hi Guys, all is well here...............

Regards,
Richard

That's all I needed to hear.

Glad you're okay Richard.
"Never trust an actor with a gun."
-Abe Lincoln

Offline ssb73q

• Gunsmoke junkie
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: March 16, 2022, 09:00:19 AM »

Regards,
Richard
Richard, very good to know that all is okay with you sir. Would you consider letting some of the Colt Country folks have a chance at buying some of your revolvers? Sounds like you have an extensive collection.
Thanks Tim

Hi Zulch, one problem I have selling my BP handgun collection is that every one of them is on my New York pistol permit. Any handguns that I sell must come off my pistol permit first. Of course I will give the message board a first crack before going to Gun Broker. I have a spreadsheet of my collection and will attach it to this post:

Regards,
Richard

Offline Zulch

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: March 16, 2022, 09:58:27 AM »

Regards,
Richard

Richard, WOW. To say you have an extensive collection is an understatement!
Thanks Tim

Hi Zulch, one problem I have selling my BP handgun collection is that every one of them is on my New York pistol permit. Any handguns that I sell must come off my pistol permit first. Of course I will give the message board a first crack before going to Gun Broker. I have a spreadsheet of my collection and will attach it to this post:

Regards,
Richard
    Richard,
  WOW. To say you have an extensive collection is an understatement! Thank you for posting your spreadsheet. I understand about your pistol permit. Thank you, Tim

Offline Fingers McGee

• Branson State Match, 2009
    • View Profile
    • Central Ozarks Western Shooters
« Reply #11 on: March 16, 2022, 09:59:08 AM »

Regards,
Richard

I feel your pain Richard.  I started selling bits and pieces of my bp collection in 2019 when my Parkinson's symptoms made shooting extremely difficult because of loss of dexterity and movement.  While I haven't sold any of my 50+ 2nd Gens yet, the rest of the collection has been reduced significantly.  Being a life member of SASS, I used SASS classifieds and club contact lists to advertise items for sale. I've kept records of who, what, when and how much I paid for every gun I own so that my heirs will not give them away. I haven't lost anything on what I've sold so far, and have made a tidy profit overall, while giving good deals.
« Last Edit: March 16, 2022, 10:10:26 AM by Fingers McGee »
Fingers (Show Me MO smoke) McGee - AKA Man of Many Colts; SASS 28564-L-TG, rangemaster and stage writer extraordinaire; Frontiersman/Pistoleer, NRA Endowment Life, Central Ozarks Western Shooters
Cynic: A blackguard whose faulty vision sees things as they are, not as they should be.  Ambrose Bierce

Offline Clydesdale4x4

• View Profile
« Reply #12 on: March 16, 2022, 03:27:16 PM »
How does one open an .XLS on a Mac?

Offline Hawg

• Now you went and done it!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: March 16, 2022, 04:19:41 PM »
Do not meddle in the affairs of dragons, for thou art crunchy and tasteth good with ketchup.

Offline brownie

• View Profile
« Reply #14 on: March 16, 2022, 05:25:30 PM »
Good evening Richard,

Regarding your inventory you wish to liquidate,...you have listed several Uberti 1862 Navy models, I'm not familiar with the 1862,...or possibly did you mean 1861 ?

Thanks,
 Brownie