Black Powder Pistols > Open Tops

Something wicked this way comes!

<< < (6/6)

Clydesdale4x4:

--- Quote from: ShotgunDave on March 24, 2022, 09:09:32 AM ---You forgot one thing Capt. The Open Top is also better looking than the SAA.

There, I said it. Let the flaming begin.

--- End quote ---
Nah, it's not balanced looking. I
 won't lie (and have a flame suit donned...) the open-top design took a little to warm up too.
I find the '58/'75/ROA the best-looking cap and ball or SA revolvers out there.
But...(!!!) now that I have developed an affinity for the open-top, I definitely find it more aesthetic than the '73

Captainkirk:

--- Quote from: Clydesdale4x4 on March 24, 2022, 09:44:17 PM ---
--- Quote from: ShotgunDave on March 24, 2022, 09:09:32 AM ---You forgot one thing Capt. The Open Top is also better looking than the SAA.

There, I said it. Let the flaming begin.

--- End quote ---
Nah, it's not balanced looking. I
 won't lie (and have a flame suit donned...) the open-top design took a little to warm up too.
I find the '58/'75/ROA the best-looking cap and ball or SA revolvers out there.
But...(!!!) now that I have developed an affinity for the open-top, I definitely find it more aesthetic than the '73

--- End quote ---

"In the beginning..."
I was also a die-hard Remmy guy. (put the rope down and lemme 'splain...)
Over time and the slow acquisition of my Colt collection, the open top design began to grow on me...to the point where it not only overtook the Remington look and profile, but eclipsed it. Now I think the open top design is the most elegant, and instantly recognizable profile in the world and shooting these things has only solidified that stance. The Colt Open Top era is probably only bested by the 1873 and 1911 periods in time, IMHO.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[*] Previous page

Go to full version