Banner image by Mike116

Banner image by Mike116

Author Topic: Gunbroker  (Read 2243 times)

Offline AR. Hillbilly

• View Profile
Gunbroker
« on: March 20, 2022, 05:36:26 AM »
I want to register for gunbroker. Any pointers  I should be aware of?

Offline Zulch

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
Re: Gunbroker
« Reply #1 on: March 20, 2022, 05:39:42 AM »
AR, good morning. Ive purchased on GB about 4 times. No problems. Just makes sure and read the desccriptions very good and the payment methods. They differ from vendor to vendor. That's my 2 cents. I even purchased from a person who had little feedback and it was a fair and square deal.

Offline AntiqueSledMan

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: March 20, 2022, 08:48:40 AM »
Hello Hillbilly,

I agree with Zulch, the four or five pieces I purchased all went fine.
Of course if it's a registered firearm, you will need to have it shipped to an licensed FFL,
be sure to check that out before purchasing. Usually they charge $40 - $50 to do the paperwork.

AntiqueSledMan. 

Offline AR. Hillbilly

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: March 20, 2022, 10:42:40 AM »
Hello Hillbilly,

Of course if it's a registered firearm, you will need to have it shipped to an licensed FFL,
be sure to check that out before purchasing. Usually they charge $40 - $50 to do the paperwork.

AntiqueSledMan.
Sled the one good thing about the very rural area I live in is that we have a gun store just up the road. He’s also a good friend and cheap on transfers.
It’s mostly BP stuff I’m looking at these days.
The guys on this site want me divorced, broke and homeless but with a nice collection.😀

Offline ShotgunDave

• Gun Geezer
  • Administrator
  • Black Powder Aficionado
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: March 20, 2022, 11:39:21 AM »
I've had nothing but good experience with GB too. Several deals and all went without a hitch.
"Never trust an actor with a gun."
-Abe Lincoln

Offline Zulch

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: March 20, 2022, 11:56:02 AM »
Hello Hillbilly,

AntiqueSledMan.
Sled the one good thing about the very rural area I live in is that we have a gun store just up the road. He’s also a good friend and cheap on transfers.
It’s mostly BP stuff I’m looking at these days.
The guys on this site want me divorced, broke and homeless but with a nice collection.😀
HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA you’ve figured it out AR👍👍

Offline Captainkirk

• Administrator Extraordinaire and Part-Time Gunslinger
  • Administrator
  • "Never said I didn't know how to use it" M.Quigley
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: March 20, 2022, 05:31:30 PM »
Only thing I'll warn you about is the "15 minute rule" which is one of the stupidest scams known to man. Generally I look for guns with a "Buy It Now" option, weigh the value of the BIN price, and if it fits in the box, buy it. Now.  Almost never have I seen a gun with a 15 minute rule go for less than the BIN price...
Pay attention to how they accept payments as well. Some will only take one form of payment. Some will take credit card but tack on an extra 3%, etc...
"You gonna pull those pistols, or whistle Dixie?"

Offline Hawg

• Now you went and done it!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: March 20, 2022, 11:52:58 PM »
I've gotten some really good deals there but haven't bought anything in 7 or 8 years and they've changed things up some and no longer accept debit cards.
Do not meddle in the affairs of dragons, for thou art crunchy and tasteth good with ketchup.

Offline AR. Hillbilly

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: March 21, 2022, 03:52:35 AM »
I've gotten some really good deals there but haven't bought anything in 7 or 8 years and they've changed things up some and no longer accept debit cards.
Well that eliminates me right out the gate.

Offline Zulch

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: March 21, 2022, 06:28:46 AM »
for sale

AR,
Some venders also accept USPS Money Orders, Personal Checks, credit cards and yes, even PayPal. I have paid for one with PayPal. It's a mish mosh but payment acceptance is on every add which helps you weed through and find what is a payment method that works for you. hope that makes sense. Also, there are some vendors who accept credit cards and do not charge credit card fees. Just read the info on each add. Z

Offline Hawg

• Now you went and done it!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: March 21, 2022, 03:24:13 PM »
for sale

AR,
Some venders also accept USPS Money Orders, Personal Checks, credit cards and yes, even PayPal. I have paid for one with PayPal. It's a mish mosh but payment acceptance is on every add which helps you weed through and find what is a payment method that works for you. hope that makes sense. Also, there are some vendors who accept credit cards and do not charge credit card fees. Just read the info on each add. Z

Gunbroker won't let you sign up for the site with a debit card. At least that was what I got when I tried to start a new account.
Do not meddle in the affairs of dragons, for thou art crunchy and tasteth good with ketchup.