Black Powder Pistols > Open Tops

Latest Acquisition

<< < (2/6) > >>

Zulch:

--- Quote from: Marshal Will on March 30, 2022, 08:18:59 AM ---Congratulations on a fine purchase. In .38 Spl that would be an 1861 conversion if it had the navy grips.

Being .38 Spl, it will also take .38 Long Colt, which would be more historically accurate. I hear there are some available retail but maybe the best way to go with that is to reload your own. In your bore, you wouldn't need heeled bullets so reloading would be easy. Although a bit anemic, the .38LC can be fun to shoot. For CAS, it could have difficulty with knock-down targets, though. But what the heck, it's all about the fun, anyway.

Looking forward to hearing how it shoots.

--- End quote ---

Marshal, thank you sir. I appreciate your comments.  :usa-flag-89: Would you say it's safe to say it's a conglomerate of a revolver seein how it really isn't "historically accurate"?

Zulch:

--- Quote from: ShotgunDave on March 30, 2022, 08:28:11 AM ---You already know how I feel about it. I'm jealous.

--- End quote ---
Dave, you have so many more cool guns than I?? Jealous??  Pfft!! Thanks for your comment though.

Captainkirk:
Yep, that's a looker! Since you're not going to be knocking down silhouettes with it, .38SPL or .38 Long Colt will be just fine. And should you decide to go down a rabbit hole, reloading for that cart should be fairly simple, though a number of vendors are showing 'IN STOCK' for ammunition for this, including Buffalo Arms and Midway. My suggestion would be to stick with Cowboy Loads (850fps or under) or black powder loads. Congrats on a real drooler, Tim!

Hawg:
Congrats Z. That's a mighty fine looking pistola. Now you need to fix the short arbor and that's coming from the guy that hasn't fixed his yet. (7+" I also haven't loaded any bp for mine yet either. :hurry:

Zulch:

--- Quote from: Captainkirk on March 30, 2022, 08:46:26 AM ---Yep, that's a looker! Since you're not going to be knocking down silhouettes with it, .38SPL or .38 Long Colt will be just fine. And should you decide to go down a rabbit hole, reloading for that cart should be fairly simple, though a number of vendors are showing 'IN STOCK' for ammunition for this, including Buffalo Arms and Midway. My suggestion would be to stick with Cowboy Loads (850fps or under) or black powder loads. Congrats on a real drooler, Tim!

--- End quote ---

Roger that Cap!! Thank you sir. Thanks for the load suggestions. A little disappointing that it's not strong enough for a silhouettes? Not that I have access to those but still :-[ Oh well.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version