Banner image by Mike116

Banner image by Mike116

Author Topic: How to antique your revolver  (Read 3684 times)

Offline 45 Dragoon

• View Profile
Re: How to antique your revolver
« Reply #15 on: June 23, 2022, 06:04:46 AM »
I’ve seen those videos. I thought they were well done and informative. I’ve also heard a lot negatives regarding Blackie. Personally speaking I think his videos are good tools. 👍

Yeah, he's pretty good at  "woods craft"  and things like that  but his tuning "how to's"  seem a little more of the "self taught" variety.  I'm not actually sure he could explain what correct timing is  and sometimes, what "seems" correct (as far as function goes ) isn't quite as obvious as it seems.  So, just be careful what  S.A. tuner you take advice from, you'll probably need some new parts (one of them on line even tells you that !!! Lol!).

Mike

Offline Zulch

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
Re: How to antique your revolver
« Reply #16 on: June 23, 2022, 07:07:58 AM »
Yes Mike, I think he is sponsored by a company? His personality is probably his best selling feature. Fun to watch. I guess I should have been more clear, I have watched some of his vids but it was when I knew very little about BP revolvers and was hungry to learn. I have only tried one thing he suggested. It was to buy a handy dandy little gun cleaning tool kit that would fit in your pocket. So I have taken his advice. LOL