Banner image by Mike116

Banner image by Mike116

Author Topic: Uberti Paterson Loading tool & Nipple Wrench  (Read 16135 times)

Offline Fingers McGee

• Branson State Match, 2009
    • View Profile
    • Central Ozarks Western Shooters
Uberti Paterson Loading tool & Nipple Wrench
« on: September 16, 2011, 02:03:24 PM »
Taylor's has some of the Uberti loading tool/nipple wrenches - ya know, the four pointed nipple wrench ones.  $49 and some change.  From what I've found, no one else has any and UBERTI ISN'T MAKING ANY MORE.  Sorry for the yelling; but i though it was appropriate
Fingers (Show Me MO smoke) McGee - AKA Man of Many Colts; SASS 28564-L-TG, rangemaster and stage writer extraordinaire; Frontiersman/Pistoleer, NRA Endowment Life, Central Ozarks Western Shooters
Cynic: A blackguard whose faulty vision sees things as they are, not as they should be.  Ambrose Bierce

Offline Captainkirk

• Administrator Extraordinaire and Part-Time Gunslinger
  • Administrator
  • "Never said I didn't know how to use it" M.Quigley
    • View Profile
Re: Uberti Paterson Loading tool & Nipple Wrench
« Reply #1 on: September 16, 2011, 06:23:05 PM »
It was. I understand the same thing. Methinks you oughta get a few extras while they've got 'em.
"You gonna pull those pistols, or whistle Dixie?"

Offline Rock Island

• The Man With The Gun
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: September 19, 2011, 05:12:44 AM »
Looked but didn't see any.
Let us speak courteously, deal fairly, and keep ourselves armed and ready

Don't hit at all if you can help it; don't hit a man if you can possibly avoid it; but if you do hit him, put him to sleep."

Speak softly and carry a big stick; you will go far
                     Theodore Roosevelt

Offline Fingers McGee

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: September 19, 2011, 09:57:39 AM »
Looked but didn't see any.

They're not listed.  You have to call and ask about them.
Fingers (Show Me MO smoke) McGee - AKA Man of Many Colts; SASS 28564-L-TG, rangemaster and stage writer extraordinaire; Frontiersman/Pistoleer, NRA Endowment Life, Central Ozarks Western Shooters
Cynic: A blackguard whose faulty vision sees things as they are, not as they should be.  Ambrose Bierce

Offline Fingers McGee

• View Profile
Comparison of Paterson Nipple Wrenches/Loading tools
« Reply #4 on: September 19, 2011, 01:09:12 PM »
Received the Uberti loading tool/nipple wrench from Taylor's today.  Thought I'd post a few comparison photos of the new Uberti tool and a tool that came with my Navy Arms/Pietta Paterson from 1983.

Here is first photo showing the two side by side.  Uberti on the left. The uberti is slightly larger and heavier than the Navy Arms one.

Anothe picture of them side by side.  Uberti on the bottom:

Here is a picture of them with the cap off.  You can see that the Uberti on the left is beefier than the Navy Arms tool on the right.

Here's the money shot.  Again, Uberti on the left.  The cap threads were smooth and even on the Uberti tool.  The Navy Arms was a chore to unscrew because of very rough cut threads.

Taylors still had a few of these on hand when I ordered mine last week.  When they're gone, they're gone & according to Uberti - there won't be any more.
« Last Edit: September 19, 2011, 01:11:18 PM by Fingers McGee »