Banner image by Mike116

Banner image by Mike116

Author Topic: John Ringgold aka Johnny Ringo's famous Colt SAA Revolver S/N 222  (Read 9023 times)

Offline Miguel Loco

• View Profile
Re: John Ringgold aka Johnny Ringo's famous Colt SAA Revolver S/N 222
« Reply #30 on: June 17, 2022, 10:31:33 AM »
Yup Hawg.....the story could have gone many different ways. Kind of like the question as to whether Wyatt actually did kill Curly Bill....which will take you down another worm hole.

Funny we're all talking about Tombstone.....got a call from Terry Clanton last night. Terry is the great grand son of Ike Clanton. He's in town for a few days and wanted to get together. That'll be a riot as usual.
"a dios rogando y con el mazo dando...y un buen cigarro"
-Mick

Offline Zulch

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: June 17, 2022, 10:39:58 AM »
Yup Hawg.....the story could have gone many different ways. Kind of like the question as to whether Wyatt actually did kill Curly Bill....which will take you down another worm hole.

Funny we're all talking about Tombstone.....got a call from Terry Clanton last night. Terry is the great grand son of Ike Clanton. He's in town for a few days and wanted to get together. That'll be a riot as usual.

Wow! What a treat Mick. Perks of living in AZ it sounds. I'm sure he must have much knowledge about his heritage? Good for you. Share what you know and learn if so inclined. This is interesting.

Offline Zulch

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: June 17, 2022, 10:45:15 AM »
There are lots of tree in close proximity...just pick one. Not sure it actually still survives but the trees here are very old...so I wouldn't be surprised if it was one of them.

I'm wondering if the stone pillar is supposed to be where the tree stood. The Tombstone Epitaph ran a story on July 22nd 1882 that said he was sitting on a large stone and was leaning against a tree.  https://chroniclingamerica.loc.gov/lccn/sn95060906/1882-07-22/ed-1/seq-3/#date1=1880&index=0&rows=20&words=JOHN+John+RINGO+Ringo&searchType=basic&sequence=0&state=Arizona&date2=1900&proxtext=John+Ringo&y=12&x=4&dateFilterType=yearRange&page=1  It goes on to say what he was wearing, describing the wound etc. It's a good read.
I just saw and read your clip Hawg. John Yost found him? I wondered who had found him.

Offline Miguel Loco

• View Profile
« Reply #33 on: June 17, 2022, 03:29:40 PM »

Wow! What a treat Mick. Perks of living in AZ it sounds. I'm sure he must have much knowledge about his heritage? Good for you. Share what you know and learn if so inclined. This is interesting.

We don't talk Tombstone much....but a little always pops up. He's definitely up to speed with the history, though fairly tainted in his opinions. With Terry it's mostly car racing stuff, especially Gran Prix.
-Mick

Offline Zulch

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: June 17, 2022, 03:59:03 PM »
Gran Prix huh? 🥱 oh well, to each their own.👍👍

Offline Hawg

• Now you went and done it!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: June 17, 2022, 05:41:10 PM »

Ike had kids?
Do not meddle in the affairs of dragons, for thou art crunchy and tasteth good with ketchup.

Offline Miguel Loco

• View Profile
« Reply #36 on: June 18, 2022, 09:31:41 AM »
Tell me if you see a family resemblence...lol.  Yes Ike had kids...
-Mick

Offline Zulch

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: June 18, 2022, 09:50:41 AM »
Wow!!! I’ll say there’s a very good resemblance!! Thanks Mick👍👍 does he know any Earp offsprings assuming Earp had any?

Offline Hawg

• View Profile
« Reply #38 on: June 18, 2022, 10:27:01 AM »
Tell me if you see a family resemblence...lol.  Yes Ike had kids...

More than a resemblance. I've seen a newspaper pic of a family member from around 1864 that looks the same as I did when I was his age. I didn't think he was married let alone have kids.
Do not meddle in the affairs of dragons, for thou art crunchy and tasteth good with ketchup.

Offline Zulch

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: June 18, 2022, 10:33:45 AM »
Whip it out Hawg if you have a picture like to see that👍👍 so we’re the OK Corral Clanton’s just brothers, cousins or?

Offline Hawg

• View Profile
« Reply #40 on: June 18, 2022, 10:56:52 AM »
LT Harry Hatcher. Co. A, 43rd Virginia Cavalry (Mosby's Rangers).

Offline Zulch

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: June 18, 2022, 11:05:10 AM »
Awesome Hawg!  That is great that you have that. I didn’t know he was part of Mosby’s Rangers.

Offline Miguel Loco

• View Profile
« Reply #42 on: June 18, 2022, 12:38:13 PM »
Wow!!! I’ll say there’s a very good resemblance!! Thanks Mick👍👍 does he know any Earp offsprings assuming Earp had any?

Wyatt never had kids. But there are Earps around from the brothers. They occasionally show up in town occasionally. Newman Hays (Old Man) Clanton had 3 sons. Ike, Phin and Billy.
-Mick

Offline Miguel Loco

• View Profile
« Reply #43 on: June 18, 2022, 12:45:29 PM »
LT Harry Hatcher. Co. A, 43rd Virginia Cavalry (Mosby's Rangers).

That's damn cool!
-Mick

Offline Hawg

• View Profile
« Reply #44 on: June 18, 2022, 01:23:10 PM »
Awesome Hawg!  That is great that you have that. I didn’t know he was part of Mosby’s Rangers.

He started out in Co. A, 7th Virginia Cavalry and achieved the rank of Master Sgt. He transferred to Mosby in 1863 and achieved the rank of 1st Lt., Mosby called him the bravest of the brave and it is said it was engraved on his headstone but I have since seen a pic of his headstone and it is not unless it's on one of the other sides(tall 4 sided monument). In fact it only says 7th Va. cavalry. :icon_scratch: Several places have his name wrong. Some say it was Harrison, some say Harvey but I believe it was actually Harvee Henry Hatcher. Harvee was an oft used family name. Can't post pics.