Banner image by Mike116

Banner image by Mike116

Author Topic: The Feelin Bad Dragoon Blues  (Read 10786 times)

Offline Captainkirk

• Administrator Extraordinaire and Part-Time Gunslinger
  • Administrator
  • "Never said I didn't know how to use it" M.Quigley
    • View Profile
Re: The Feelin Bad Dragoon Blues
« Reply #15 on: February 08, 2014, 09:38:31 PM »
Seen a few Remmies done that way, Dave. Does not appeal to me. But that's just me.....
"You gonna pull those pistols, or whistle Dixie?"

Offline CraigC

• View Profile
    • Graveyard Jack's Sixgunleather
« Reply #16 on: February 09, 2014, 09:33:53 AM »
I love a well done antiquing job. I have a Cimarron 1860 Richards Type II .44Colt that I'd like to have shortened to ejector length and antiqued. Then fitted with heavily yellowed TruIvory.

Offline Fingers McGee

• Branson State Match, 2009
    • View Profile
    • Central Ozarks Western Shooters
« Reply #17 on: February 09, 2014, 10:11:53 AM »
Don't know what came in box if anything, but had about 100 roundballs in it and a little medallion with Sam Colt's bust on it. Was the brass grip frame originally nickel plated? 2 shiny specks on front of grip frame. Man would I love to snatch her up and show her the love she deserves. When I left I felt like I just took a lost dog to the pound :(. Asking price......950.00 :o

DC,  2nd Gen Dragoons all had brass BS/TG.  In 98% condition with the box and papers, Book value is $450.00.  The Colt BP Sam Colt pin adds another $10.00.  Deduct $50 if there is no box.   There are a couple 3rd Models Dragoons on GB with presentation case and accessories that can be had for the same as what they're asking for this.
Fingers (Show Me MO smoke) McGee - AKA Man of Many Colts; SASS 28564-L-TG, rangemaster and stage writer extraordinaire; Frontiersman/Pistoleer, NRA Endowment Life, Central Ozarks Western Shooters
Cynic: A blackguard whose faulty vision sees things as they are, not as they should be.  Ambrose Bierce

Offline dc7x64

• View Profile
« Reply #18 on: February 09, 2014, 02:32:09 PM »
Thanks Fingers! Great info! That means the pawn shop probably gave them less than the book value!  (jh

Offline Fingers McGee

• Branson State Match, 2009
    • View Profile
    • Central Ozarks Western Shooters
« Reply #19 on: February 09, 2014, 04:28:47 PM »
I'd be surprised if the pawn shop gave them more than $200.00 for it
Fingers (Show Me MO smoke) McGee - AKA Man of Many Colts; SASS 28564-L-TG, rangemaster and stage writer extraordinaire; Frontiersman/Pistoleer, NRA Endowment Life, Central Ozarks Western Shooters
Cynic: A blackguard whose faulty vision sees things as they are, not as they should be.  Ambrose Bierce

Offline Saranac Sam

• View Profile
« Reply #20 on: March 28, 2014, 02:32:52 PM »
I agree with mike in that many shooters that finally go the Dragoon/Walker route decide they are just too big and they part with them. I have seen many like new ones for sale over the pest few years and have also seen multiple forum members tire of them quickly and let them set idle on the shelf in favor more the more common sized versions.

Agreed, my first repro was an SMA 3rd Dragoon. I was thrilled, made a holster, got all the extras, shot it, carried, played with it for about 2 years.  Then traded it towards something more useful like a 1911.
   But lately I've been looking longingly at a Whitneyville dragoon.  Some people never learn.   *6'
Peace is that brief glorious moment in history when everybody stands around reloading.