Banner image by Mike116

Banner image by Mike116

Author Topic: Uberti Stainless Navy #37  (Read 4538 times)

Offline Captainkirk

• Administrator Extraordinaire and Part-Time Gunslinger
  • Administrator
  • "Never said I didn't know how to use it" M.Quigley
    • View Profile
Re: Uberti Stainless Navy #37
« Reply #15 on: April 19, 2020, 06:10:41 PM »
Sweet tea in the morning! That thing is gorgeous!

What an amazing score! I'll have a toast with ya... )l_
"You gonna pull those pistols, or whistle Dixie?"

Offline DoubleDeuce1

• View Profile
« Reply #16 on: April 22, 2020, 11:21:32 PM »
Does a stainless Colt 1851 Navy have to a ‘reproduction’ to qualify for the group ?   8)

Offline ssb73q

• Gunsmoke junkie
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: April 23, 2020, 04:13:57 AM »
I just checked my pair of 7 1/2 inch 1851s, an 1851 Navy Sheriffs model, and an 1862 Pocket Navy.  All four have magnetic barrels, hammers, wedges and screws.  Magnet will not stick to frames, backstrap, trigger guards or cylinders.

Hi Fingers,  300 series stainless steel is austenitic, non-magnetic, extremely tough and ductile. 410 Stainless Steel is a martensitic magnetic, stainless steel that provides good corrosion resistance plus high strength and hardness. Seems that your revolvers are a combination of both SS series.

I remember years ago that when Colt began to use stainless steel in some of their pistol models that the machinists would call in sick when a stainless steel run was scheduled. Seemed that they were using the 300 series stainless that is gummy and difficult to machine. It was hell on tooling, defects, and operators. That situation is better today in that there is available free machining stainless steel.

I have modern stainless steel handguns and even one stainless 1858 Remington. Some of my stainless steel .45 handguns photos:

Regards,
Richard
There’s nothing better in the morning than the smell of bacon and black powder smoke!

Offline ssb73q

• Gunsmoke junkie
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: April 23, 2020, 04:27:16 AM »
Hi Dave, that is sure one beautiful revolver, congratulations on snagging it.

The other day I was looking for Patersons on GunBroker and saw a nice used Uberti Paterson with attached loading lever being sold for $999. I convinced myself to show some restraint and think on it overnight. Well, you know what happened, gone gone gone.

He who hesitates is lost.  :'( :'( :'(

Regards,
Richard
There’s nothing better in the morning than the smell of bacon and black powder smoke!

Offline Fingers McGee

• Branson State Match, 2009
    • View Profile
    • Central Ozarks Western Shooters
« Reply #19 on: April 23, 2020, 11:12:54 AM »
Does a stainless Colt 1851 Navy have to a ‘reproduction’ to qualify for the group ?   8)

No.  You are welcome to sign up.
Fingers (Show Me MO smoke) McGee - AKA Man of Many Colts; SASS 28564-L-TG, rangemaster and stage writer extraordinaire; Frontiersman/Pistoleer, NRA Endowment Life, Central Ozarks Western Shooters
Cynic: A blackguard whose faulty vision sees things as they are, not as they should be.  Ambrose Bierce

Offline ShotgunDave

• Gun Geezer
  • Administrator
  • Black Powder Aficionado
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: April 23, 2020, 11:41:40 AM »
Hi Dave, that is sure one beautiful revolver, congratulations on snagging it.

The other day I was looking for Patersons on GunBroker and saw a nice used Uberti Paterson with attached loading lever being sold for $999. I convinced myself to show some restraint and think on it overnight. Well, you know what happened, gone gone gone.

He who hesitates is lost.  :'( :'( :'(

Regards,
Richard

Thanks Richard.

$999 doesn't seem out of line for a stainless Paterson. Specially since a "regular" Paterson is $600-$700. I actually didn't know any existed in stainless steel.
"Never trust an actor with a gun."
-Abe Lincoln

Offline Fingers McGee

• View Profile
« Reply #21 on: April 24, 2020, 11:10:04 AM »

$999 doesn't seem out of line for a stainless Paterson. Specially since a "regular" Paterson is $600-$700. I actually didn't know any existed in stainless steel.

They don't
Fingers (Show Me MO smoke) McGee - AKA Man of Many Colts; SASS 28564-L-TG, rangemaster and stage writer extraordinaire; Frontiersman/Pistoleer, NRA Endowment Life, Central Ozarks Western Shooters
Cynic: A blackguard whose faulty vision sees things as they are, not as they should be.  Ambrose Bierce

Offline ShotgunDave

• Gun Geezer
  • Administrator
  • Black Powder Aficionado
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: April 24, 2020, 11:39:33 AM »

They don't

That's what I figured.
"Never trust an actor with a gun."
-Abe Lincoln

Offline DoubleDeuce1

• View Profile
« Reply #23 on: April 24, 2020, 05:32:08 PM »
Fingers,
My stainless Colts are all Second Generation.  Two 1860 Army models and just the one 1851 Navy.  The Navy came with a letter from Colt indicating it was from the Colt Archive Collection.

I can’t post pictures because I am toooooo. stooopid when it comes to that stuff.  I tried a couple of years ago,  but no luck.  I think Strawhat posted something for me.  He tried to coach me through the process.  It was fruitless.   ^j)

Anyway,  I have three stainless Colts.   8)

Offline Fingers McGee

• View Profile
« Reply #24 on: April 24, 2020, 08:19:36 PM »
Fingers,
My stainless Colts are all Second Generation.  Two 1860 Army models and just the one 1851 Navy.  The Navy came with a letter from Colt indicating it was from the Colt Archive Collection.

I can’t post pictures because I am toooooo. stooopid when it comes to that stuff.  I tried a couple of years ago,  but no luck.  I think Strawhat posted something for me.  He tried to coach me through the process.  It was fruitless.   ^j)

Anyway,  I have three stainless Colts.   8)

At one time I had four SS 1860s and one 1851.  Now I only have one of each.  Felt I was hogging the availability of three 1860s, so I set them free to enhance some other collector's inventory.   (7&

FM