Banner image by Mike116

Banner image by Mike116

Author Topic: Project gun  (Read 8813 times)

Offline Hawg

• Now you went and done it!!!
    • View Profile
Re: Project gun
« Reply #15 on: July 11, 2016, 11:25:31 AM »
We will need to see pictures in the appropriate thread.....you know the rules! L@J

RULES? We don't need no steenkin rules!!! *6'
Do not meddle in the affairs of dragons, for thou art crunchy and tasteth good with ketchup.

Offline ssb73q

• Gunsmoke junkie
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: July 11, 2016, 11:33:07 AM »
Hi mazo, I sure admire your effort trying to resurrect abused firearms. However, there are times when the steel used in neglected firearms needs to be recycled to razor blades. Even new BP firearms need attention to have them become accurate and reliable guns. That's the path I travel and always recommend grieving for firearms abused and returning the abused firearms to a more appropriate condition, scrap metal.

While I enjoy and celebrate your efforts, there are however other paths to take.

Regards,
Richard
There’s nothing better in the morning than the smell of bacon and black powder smoke!

Offline Hawg

• Now you went and done it!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: July 11, 2016, 12:52:58 PM »
Hi mazo, I sure admire your effort trying to resurrect abused firearms. However, there are times when the steel used in neglected firearms needs to be recycled to razor blades. Even new BP firearms need attention to have them become accurate and reliable guns. That's the path I travel and always recommend grieving for firearms abused and returning the abused firearms to a more appropriate condition, scrap metal.

While I enjoy and celebrate your efforts, there are however other paths to take.

Regards,
Richard

BLASPHEMY!!!!   *9+
Do not meddle in the affairs of dragons, for thou art crunchy and tasteth good with ketchup.

Offline G Dog

• View Profile
« Reply #18 on: July 11, 2016, 10:54:30 PM »
BLASPHEMY!!!!   *9+
Close to it.

If the price were right, a piece would have to be pretty far gone before I’d turn it down.  Mazo may just bring that little number back to life. 
"Tolerance is the last virtue of a dying society."
                                                   --   Aristotle

Offline Captainkirk

• Administrator Extraordinaire and Part-Time Gunslinger
  • Administrator
  • "Never said I didn't know how to use it" M.Quigley
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: July 12, 2016, 05:24:29 AM »
Richard, I disagree. Returning a 'Lazarus' firearm to working condition (for some of us) is darn near a religious experience, especially WRT an older, less popular model.
 )lI
"You gonna pull those pistols, or whistle Dixie?"

Offline ssb73q

• Gunsmoke junkie
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: July 12, 2016, 10:06:02 AM »

Regards,
Richard

Hi, Satan made me say that, I may need an exorcism.  )H^ )H^ )H^

Regards,
Richard
There’s nothing better in the morning than the smell of bacon and black powder smoke!

Offline G Dog

• View Profile
« Reply #21 on: July 12, 2016, 12:05:46 PM »
You are freely forgiven ssb, neither do we condemn you.  Now go and sin no more.

Mazo may not walk on water or turn water into good wine but I’ll bet he resurrects that old ’51.  The very worst case scenario is that it makes a fine paper weight.  Ya can’t have too many nice paper weights.  Besides, the thing could wind up shootin.
"Tolerance is the last virtue of a dying society."
                                                   --   Aristotle