Banner image by Mike116

Banner image by Mike116

Author Topic: Pat/Rick  (Read 4745 times)

Offline Pat/Rick

• View Profile
Pat/Rick
« on: February 18, 2014, 10:43:39 AM »
 Over here as well as at the remmie forum. Though I prefer remmington revolvers, I have more Colt's types. I have been shooting muzzleloaders for some time and still learn about them. I'm also a amateur historian with interests in the developing era's of American history, from colonial times onward. I also have a passive interest and likes of old stuff; Artifacts, tools, and arms.

My Black powder collection consisits of:

Lyman Trade Rifle .54 (percussion)
Pedersoli Indian Trade Musket 20 ga  (flint
Pietta revolvers
Remington .44
Colt's Navy .36
Colt's 1861 sheriff .36 (Cabela's calls it an 1862 police)
G&G in .36 and my newest addition

I'm trying to get more and am currently looking for another long arm of a military pattern musket. 1841 or ??

I am in Washington State and live in the Columbia River Gorge. An area rich in history from it's ethnic native people, to Lewis and Clark expedition, to more modern times.  I hope I'll keep learning and am able to contribute from time to time.

Offline Kaboom

• Too many hobbies, too little time.
    • View Profile
Re: Pat/Rick
« Reply #1 on: February 18, 2014, 11:02:03 AM »
Hey P/R, welcome to this forum too. Good ta see ya over here. Seems we all sorta get around ta both of these here places.  )k*  *?.
Black powder smoke is my Aromatherapy.

Offline mike116

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
    • LeathersmithMike.net
« Reply #2 on: February 18, 2014, 01:29:12 PM »
Welcome to the Colt Forum Pat/Rick.

Offline Captainkirk

• Administrator Extraordinaire and Part-Time Gunslinger
  • Administrator
  • "Never said I didn't know how to use it" M.Quigley
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: February 18, 2014, 01:42:21 PM »
Howdy, PR, glad you finally made it!
"You gonna pull those pistols, or whistle Dixie?"

Offline StrawHat

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: February 19, 2014, 08:28:59 PM »
Welcome, grab a chair and a cup of coffee.  Get comfortable and when you feel up to it, join in the gab.  Post pictures, lots of pictures, (some of the other members have a hard time making out the printed word).
Knowledge carried to the grave unshared, is wasted.

www.NoonSharpening.com

Offline Pat/Rick

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: February 20, 2014, 01:02:16 PM »
Thanks again fella's!  I'm a total nimrod at pictures, I've been at the Marlin o0wners site since '09 and still haven't figured it out. I don't have much patience where technology is concerned, I'm afraid. But do agree with ya'll, picture's are so much fun and really highlight a post. I'll see if I can figure the process out. I also like digging into the past to learn about hysterical, er uh historical events. Mostly militarily based, but find enjoyment on how our forefathers and pioneers lived as well.

Offline Tom-ADC

• Old Salt
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: February 22, 2014, 06:42:59 AM »
Pat/rick if you you pick up a military style musket I'll help you with the picture problem!!
Welcome aboard also!!!

Offline Tom-ADC

• Old Salt
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: February 22, 2014, 06:52:07 AM »
Try this, I joined www.picturetrail.com for free, I understand photobucket is also free, they are needed to host your pictures, easy to upload there from your home computer.

So you upload a picture then you go to view it, right click to copy image, you get something like this: http://pic20.picturetrail.com/VOL174/1021972/1908390/378903457.jpg

then to go to where you want to post it, I just type in and if it works out right you'll get something like this.