Black Powder Pistols > Army Models

Mike compares Pietta to Uberti

(1/2) > >>

ssb73q:
Hi, Mike put up a video comparing the accuracy of the Pietta 1860 to Uberti 1860:

IMO the failure of the Uberti is the arbor length issue. Until that is fixed, accuracy from cylinder to cylinder with a Uberti will always shift poi.

Regards,
Richard

Marshal Will:
That was interesting. Thanks for posting the link. I didn't know that the Piettas have a 1:30 twist.

You could probably work up an optimum powder charge for each that would give some consistently tight groups.

45 Dragoon:
I completely agree with Richard,  and as I pointed out yesterday in a post concerning Blackie and Mike, absolutely no mention concerning the "correct build" ( arbor).  The fast twist of the Uberti, imo, is part of why my Uberti's in 45C and 45acp  are so accurate!! A "fixed" barrel will obviously be more accurate than a "floating " barrel. 

Mike

ShotgunDave:
Complete waste of time. Belevieu refuses to address the arbor issue. And if you bring it up, you'll get barked at.

Hawg:

--- Quote from: Marshal Will on May 18, 2023, 06:32:53 AM ---You could probably work up an optimum powder charge for each that would give some consistently tight groups.

--- End quote ---

Not until you fix the Uberti arbor.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version