Banner image by Mike116

Banner image by Mike116

Author Topic: Just One More?  (Read 4756 times)

Offline 1stnamebassist

• View Profile
Re: Just One More?
« Reply #15 on: December 09, 2023, 09:23:18 PM »
Sorry no photos, I have to figure that out. I guess my files too big or something. I did a search last week about Euroarms Roger & Spencer’s and I did find where it listed a few different stainless steel ones, some with engraving or target sights etc…. I’ll be darned if I can find it again! I did try a little cold blue under the loading lever and it did nothing which is a good indication of stainless steel.As far as photos I don’t use a computer anymore I do everything from my phone.Never had a problem loading photos before from my iPhone.

Offline Zulch

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: December 10, 2023, 05:33:12 AM »
1stNameBassist. I use an iPhone as well and had issues in the beginning. So my workaround is to take pics with the iPhone then forward the pics to an email. When the phone ask about what size would you like to send the attachment? I choose medium size. I then go to my email and save the picture back to my phone and it generally is a small enough file then to post to ColtCountry. I hope that helps.

Offline Hawg

• Now you went and done it!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: December 10, 2023, 06:45:06 AM »
It's a whole lot easier on a computer, just sayin.
Do not meddle in the affairs of dragons, for thou art crunchy and tasteth good with ketchup.

Offline 1stnamebassist

• View Profile
« Reply #18 on: December 10, 2023, 11:14:57 AM »
1stNameBassist. I use an iPhone as well and had issues in the beginning. So my workaround is to take pics with the iPhone then forward the pics to an email. When the phone ask about what size would you like to send the attachment? I choose medium size. I then go to my email and save the picture back to my phone and it generally is a small enough file then to post to ColtCountry. I hope that helps.
Ok let me try that! Thank you for the suggestion

Offline Hawg

• View Profile
« Reply #19 on: December 10, 2023, 11:31:51 AM »
Fixed it for ya.

Do not meddle in the affairs of dragons, for thou art crunchy and tasteth good with ketchup.

Offline Navy Six

• View Profile
« Reply #20 on: December 10, 2023, 11:38:01 AM »
Wow. From the photo the gun looks in new condition. Certainly a nice find. Hope you track down information on SS models. I've never seen one but do have a London Gray which I believe is simply polished steel. Pretty sure you are going to enjoy that Rogers & Spencer!
Only Blackpowder is interesting.
"I'm the richest man in the world. I have a good wife, a good dog and a good sixgun". Charles A "Skeeter" Skelton

Offline Captainkirk

• Administrator Extraordinaire and Part-Time Gunslinger
  • Administrator
  • "Never said I didn't know how to use it" M.Quigley
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: December 10, 2023, 11:41:50 AM »
A picture is worth a thousand words. That certainly does appear to be stainless! I would call that one helluva score, if so! The aged (London Grey) finish doesn't shine like that. That's a keeper, for sure!
"You gonna pull those pistols, or whistle Dixie?"

Offline Zulch

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: December 10, 2023, 12:30:27 PM »
Sure does look stainless.

Offline 1stnamebassist

• View Profile
« Reply #23 on: December 10, 2023, 01:48:31 PM »
Well I’m definitely happy with it! And as I said earlier it didn’t take cold blue at all which stainless steel won’t. If I ever find that link about the stainless models again I’ll post it here. So far no luck though!

Offline Hawg

• View Profile
« Reply #24 on: December 10, 2023, 02:43:44 PM »
I found some for sale. Most are overseas but not all. What's the date code?

Offline 1stnamebassist

• View Profile
« Reply #25 on: December 10, 2023, 03:49:48 PM »
It’s looks like it’s double struck but it appears to be BH or BM. Thanks for fixing my photo by the way!

Offline Hawg

• View Profile
« Reply #26 on: December 10, 2023, 04:00:34 PM »
It’s looks like it’s double struck but it appears to be BH or BM. Thanks for fixing my photo by the way!

BH is 96, BM is 99. Looks like BH to me. Not sure why my pic came out pixelated. All I did was copy yours and rotate it.

Offline 1stnamebassist

• View Profile
« Reply #27 on: December 10, 2023, 05:06:11 PM »

BH is 96, BM is 99. Looks like BH to me. Not sure why my pic came out pixelated. All I did was copy yours and rotate it.

It’s all good. It’s tough to tell in person let alone a photo, but I agree I believe it’s BH. Thanks for the research.

Offline Captainkirk

• Administrator Extraordinaire and Part-Time Gunslinger
  • Administrator
  • "Never said I didn't know how to use it" M.Quigley
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: December 10, 2023, 05:07:52 PM »
Yes, double struck...which makes it all the more collectible
"You gonna pull those pistols, or whistle Dixie?"

Offline G Dog

• View Profile
« Reply #29 on: December 10, 2023, 06:52:31 PM »
Sometimes, it seems to me, that the notion of “collectability” is a bogus criteria by which to judge the inherent value of a firearm.  A collectable is worth more money.  That’s a good thing but tied to the marketplace and that’s just money and the standard of valuation is purely commercial.  It just becomes  another commodity.

A Barby doll that will sell for 5k is twice as “collectible” as a R&S that will go for only 2.5K.  If value is defined in terms other than money it’s clear which of those has the greater intrinsic worth.

I hope the double strike on bassist’s makes it worth a million bucks.
"Tolerance is the last virtue of a dying society."
                                                   --   Aristotle