Banner image by Mike116

Banner image by Mike116

Author Topic: The Ultimate Holster Design?  (Read 1637 times)

Offline Marshal Will

• Global Moderator
  • Smile, it makes people wonder what you're up to.
    • View Profile
Re: The Ultimate Holster Design?
« Reply #15 on: June 28, 2023, 01:36:18 PM »
Those are quite interesting, Mick. I'd bet they're comfortable, too. Yeah, perfect for an 1877 DA or one of those S&W Break tops.

Offline Miguel Loco

• View Profile
« Reply #16 on: June 28, 2023, 09:21:24 PM »
I thought it might too. I may need to pick up another gun along those lines and play with it a little. I bet my 3.5" Birdshead 45 would work...maybe a little bulky, but it may be enough to give it a solid try.

I'd make it a little different than shown in the pic I think. I'd probably do a 2nd layer of leather for the suspender button tabs. I'm just not a huge fan of inside out holsters.
"a dios rogando y con el mazo dando...y un buen cigarro"
-Mick

Offline Marshal Will

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: June 28, 2023, 09:48:27 PM »
I thought it might too. I may need to pick up another gun along those lines and play with it a little. I bet my 3.5" Birdshead 45 would work...maybe a little bulky, but it may be enough to give it a solid try.

I'd make it a little different than shown in the pic I think. I'd probably do a 2nd layer of leather for the suspender button tabs. I'm just not a huge fan of inside out holsters.
What about just doing it in the reverse so the tabs are rough-out? That would avoid having an extra layer underneath the belt line, at least where the tabs would be stitched on.

That bird's head 45 might be a bit on the bulky side. Go find one of those little .32 or .38 break-tops. They used to be available by the dozen. Many manufacturers made them; S&W, Iver johnson , Harrington & Richardson, Hopkins & Allen and some unbranded ones.

Offline Miguel Loco

• View Profile
« Reply #18 on: July 01, 2023, 04:32:06 PM »
Yeah....good suggestion on the rough out tabs. We do have a couple dozen used small revolvers in the shop. I'll have to look them over.
"a dios rogando y con el mazo dando...y un buen cigarro"
-Mick

Offline Marshal Will

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: July 01, 2023, 05:01:21 PM »
You ought to be able to find a decent one, then.