Banner image by Mike116

Banner image by Mike116

Author Topic: Fall Newsletter  (Read 673 times)

Offline Captainkirk

• Administrator Extraordinaire and Part-Time Gunslinger
  • Administrator
  • "Never said I didn't know how to use it" M.Quigley
    • View Profile
Fall Newsletter
« on: September 18, 2023, 08:21:00 PM »
Fall Newsletter just went out today. Shout out if you didn't get yours.
"You gonna pull those pistols, or whistle Dixie?"

Offline Captainkirk

• Administrator Extraordinaire and Part-Time Gunslinger
  • Administrator
  • "Never said I didn't know how to use it" M.Quigley
    • View Profile
Re: Fall Newsletter
« Reply #1 on: September 19, 2023, 10:22:37 AM »
For those who did NOT get their newsletter, here it is in full:

It’s that time again…fall is beginning to fall here, and with it the CC Fall Newsletter!
While the temps here in the Midwest tell us lies that it’s still summer, the signs are around us if we look for them. Little patches of leaves beginning to turn with tinges of reds and yellows, early sunset sneaking up on us…the approach of hunting season for those of you who partake, especially those who hunt with the Black. Fall is a great time to get out to your favorite BP shooting range, BLM area or open land and make some serious smoke before Ol’ Man Winter puts his icy Vise Grips on our outdoor shooting activities. Nothing like a big pot of stew or chili and hot coffee around a warm campfire at your favorite shooting spot with the smell of wood smoke all around!
A couple things on the agenda. First, mark your calendar for September 21st, Colt Country’s Official ‘Snap-A-Cap’ day, a tribute to our fallen members. It’s simple; raise a toast of your favorite beverage, and if you can, snap a cap in remembrance of those past CC members have gone on ahead of us, “riding point”, if you will. Snap a pic or two of your empty glass, burnt cap, gun used, etc and post them in the “Sunset Riders” thread at the top of the index page. Fortunately, to my knowledge we’ve had nobody here join the ranks this calendar year, however, we carry on this tradition in memory of those loyal and dedicated members who went on before us. If you are unable to snap a cap or don’t imbibe, get creative. Pop a balloon. Shoot a kiddie cap gun. Light off a firecracker. Toast with a soft drink…anything to honor our past members.

Next, with the beautiful fall foliage soon to be here, I will again remind you that the annual Banner Photo Contest is coming and very soon, Shotgun Dave will have the new 2024 contest info thread open and ready for voting. This year’s Banner Photo theme to be announced. MAKE SURE YOU READ THE RULES THOROUGHLY, AS THEY WILL BE DIFFERENT FROM LAST YEAR’S!

It’s also “that time of the year” again…renewal for the forum domain. (OK, everybody stop running away!) As such, we will gladly be accepting donations toward operating expenses for the present and future year. No amount is too large or too small…even a dollar, five, or ten helps defray costs. PM Shotgun Dave for PayPal or other type of payment details. You have to ask yourself, “What is this forum worth to me?” The cost of a Starbucks coffee, or a Big Mac? A case of beer? Half pound of Goex? That’s a question only you can answer! And we certainly don’t want people donating what they don’t have by all means! But if the camaraderie and information we share on this Forum of Friends has value, you decide what that value (if anything) is and act accordingly. Look at it this way; Colt Country has over 300 current members at present. If each member donated only one dollar, we would easily exceed our domain and daily operations fees. In the end, this is a personal decision, and we’ll leave it in your capable hands.

On a related note, we would like to do a recognition thread for those who do or have donate (d) (unless they choose to remain anonymous) as a Thank You for their support of Colt Country. Details to be ironed out as we go.

October (once again) is slated to be ‘Invite A Friend’ month here at Colt Country! We challenge (that’s right…”challenge”. Is you a Man or a mouse?) you to invite a friend (or friends!) from another BP forum or simply any persons of good nature and hospitality with a healthy interest in black powder or BP revolvers! Ownership not necessary. Yes, we’ll be keeping score…simply PM me any potential new members and when they sign up and are activated from Oct. 1 thru Oct 31, you will get the credit. Just make sure they are a good fit for our forum.

Happy Shooting, and keep your powder dry!

"You gonna pull those pistols, or whistle Dixie?"