Banner image by Mike116

Banner image by Mike116

Author Topic: Gunsmoke did good  (Read 5235 times)

Offline ssb73q

• Gunsmoke junkie
    • View Profile
Gunsmoke did good
« on: June 02, 2016, 11:12:32 AM »
Hi, my wife and me have been watching the old B&W Gunsmoke videos on DVD. It was interesting to see in season 9 that the 1855 Colt Root percussion revolving carbine and Colt 1851 revolver were featured. We are getting to the end of the available DVDs, season 11. I hope they continue to release more of the old Gunsmoke programs, please.

Regards,
Richard
There’s nothing better in the morning than the smell of bacon and black powder smoke!

Offline StrawHat

• View Profile
Re: Gunsmoke did good
« Reply #1 on: June 03, 2016, 04:23:23 AM »
Early TV and big screen Horse Operas often used a variety of authentic firearms in the making of the show.  The Root Revolving Rifle also appeared in a John Wayne film, "El Dorado". 

Kevin
Knowledge carried to the grave unshared, is wasted.

www.NoonSharpening.com

Offline Powder Burn

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: December 29, 2020, 04:56:00 AM »
I know this is a very old topic but Gunsmoke has always been my favorite since it first came out and it is still my favorite show even at 73 years old. I have done away with cable or satellite Television and have since installed an antenna but I now get Gunsmoke everyday and get to watch two episodes back to back, after I watch " Rawhide" , of course.

Offline Hawg

• Now you went and done it!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: December 29, 2020, 08:30:41 AM »
In the early shows Ben and Hoss carried converted 1858 Remingtons. Little Joe carried a converted 1851 navy. One episode showed Joe reloading a couple of times by removing the barrel and cylinder. Once he ever reloaded before he even fired a shot.
Do not meddle in the affairs of dragons, for thou art crunchy and tasteth good with ketchup.

Offline Captainkirk

• Administrator Extraordinaire and Part-Time Gunslinger
  • Administrator
  • "Never said I didn't know how to use it" M.Quigley
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: December 29, 2020, 04:29:51 PM »
Yes, Gunsmoke has some excellent episodes, especially the pre-1960 ones. I think I've seen nearly every episode at least once. Some of them many times.
"You gonna pull those pistols, or whistle Dixie?"

Offline Len

• View Profile