Banner image by Mike116

Banner image by Mike116

Author Topic: Interest in caps  (Read 603 times)

Offline DragoonRick

• View Profile
Interest in caps
« on: February 25, 2024, 07:14:36 PM »
 I’ve been working on the percussion cap scaresity problem now for three years.  I’m about to the end with a trip tomorrow to shoot a couple of black powder revolvers.  The interest remains highe as the caps are really scares. At this time I’ve had  100,000 plus  to read my material. This includes you tube  and Colt country forum.  I’m astounded at the interest.
Again thank to this forum for your patience and support.
  DragoonRick

Offline AntiqueSledMan

• View Profile
Re: Interest in caps
« Reply #1 on: February 26, 2024, 04:07:05 AM »
Hello DragoonRick,

Your work on making caps has been very interesting.
However myself who is the type of person that would ordinarilly attempt something like this, I have not.
It's about the same as making my own Black Powder, I guess I'm interested but will probably never attempt either.
Maybe it's the fact thaty I live within city limits, or maybe I'm just plain scared to work with the chemicals.
After all I do reload all my own cartridges, but that's withalready manufactured substances.
I have kept documents on both making percusion caps and making black powder for future reference.
And of course, it's your information which I've have in my documentaion on the caps.
I guess I just want to say "Thank You" for all your work with the project.

AntiqueSledMan.

Offline Navy Six

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: February 26, 2024, 08:19:36 AM »
I'll say thank you as well, hoping all goes well. I tried making my own caps in the past and hated doing it. This from a person who will happily spend hours and days making paper cartridges, so I don't mind tedious work related my black powder interests. Good luck.
Only Blackpowder is interesting.
"I'm the richest man in the world. I have a good wife, a good dog and a good sixgun". Charles A "Skeeter" Skelton

Offline DragoonRick

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: February 26, 2024, 01:26:00 PM »
Hopefully a brief video popos up of me shooting a Pietta 1860
https://youtu.be/KI2Rfz-OlWo?si=eDM6fHZbPiXVyIJO
« Last Edit: February 26, 2024, 01:58:05 PM by DragoonRick »