Banner image by Mike116

Banner image by Mike116

Author Topic: Horn Project  (Read 1265 times)

Offline Hawg

• Now you went and done it!!!
    • View Profile
Horn Project
« on: November 30, 2023, 03:19:34 PM »
I got started on it. It took so long because I had to make room for a small desk I could use for a bench and I'm lazy. (7+" I cut about 4 inches off the big end and started filing flats on the tip. It's 10 inches long measured across the inside curve. I don't have much solid horn to work with on the tip and it looks funny with flats because it's so short but I've still got to file another groove for the strap. I'm probably just going to round off the flats. The tip was already cut off when I got it. I wouldn't have cut it off that far back but it is what it is. The tape is on it to protect the polished part if the file slips. The big end is 3 inches inside diameter.

This is the part I cut off.

Do not meddle in the affairs of dragons, for thou art crunchy and tasteth good with ketchup.

Offline mike116

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
    • LeathersmithMike.net
Re: Horn Project
« Reply #1 on: November 30, 2023, 08:34:10 PM »
Hardest part is getting started.   Now you're ready to roll.

Offline G Dog

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: November 30, 2023, 09:33:44 PM »
 Yes sir, true statement.  Same way with shooting.  Make yourself Hawg.  Go across the road and shoot some.  It’ll do ya a good.  Just do it and all else will come naturally and be fun.  Too much inside stuff ain’t good for you.  Get out and breathe.  Dern horns can wait.
"Tolerance is the last virtue of a dying society."
                                                   --   Aristotle

Offline Zulch

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: December 01, 2023, 06:03:02 AM »
Glad you are progressing with the horn Hawg. Lookin' good to me. I'm learning vicariously through your efforts.

Offline Hawg

• Now you went and done it!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: December 01, 2023, 10:02:14 AM »
  Too much inside stuff ain’t good for you. 

You're right and it is having an effect on me. I haven't been outside in the last 7 months unless I just had to. It's just hard to enjoy anything or to get motivated when your whole reason for being is gone.
Do not meddle in the affairs of dragons, for thou art crunchy and tasteth good with ketchup.