Banner image by Mike116

Banner image by Mike116

Author Topic: My Pocket Navies.  (Read 4697 times)

Offline StrawHat

• View Profile
My Pocket Navies.
« on: September 24, 2011, 03:57:33 AM »
(I did not want to steal the thunder of Fingers McGee's fine post of his PN so started this one to show mine.)

Here are my Pocket Navies, both by Uberti and each is 1 of at least 100,000 made.  In other words maybe not common as dirt but a bit less rare than T-Rex.

Not yet cased but there is some mahogany sitting in the back yard waiting for a project.  Both shoot and carry well and I have a lot of fun with them.  Round ball and loose powder is my preferred method of loading but I have used paper cartridges on occassion.  For walking the woods, a lot of fun but my Pocket Police is the more carried revolver.
« Last Edit: December 20, 2013, 03:16:56 AM by StrawHat »
Knowledge carried to the grave unshared, is wasted.

www.NoonSharpening.com

Offline Captainkirk

• Administrator Extraordinaire and Part-Time Gunslinger
  • Administrator
  • "Never said I didn't know how to use it" M.Quigley
    • View Profile
Re: My Pocket Navies.
« Reply #1 on: September 24, 2011, 07:51:07 PM »
Nice! I have a soft spot for those things!!!
"You gonna pull those pistols, or whistle Dixie?"

Offline Fingers McGee

• Branson State Match, 2009
    • View Profile
    • Central Ozarks Western Shooters
« Reply #2 on: September 24, 2011, 08:51:43 PM »
Nice ones Strawhat.  What load do you use? and are they carried in holsters or your pocket?
Fingers (Show Me MO smoke) McGee - AKA Man of Many Colts; SASS 28564-L-TG, rangemaster and stage writer extraordinaire; Frontiersman/Pistoleer, NRA Endowment Life, Central Ozarks Western Shooters
Cynic: A blackguard whose faulty vision sees things as they are, not as they should be.  Ambrose Bierce

Offline StrawHat

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: September 25, 2011, 02:49:54 AM »
Been a long time since I weighed any charges for C&B revolvers, I have spouts on my flasks that throw the correct amount to fill a chamber and still let me seat a wad and a round ball on top and clear the cylinder face.  Not sure how much that dose weighs but it speaks with authority.  Not nearly as much as the 1861s hold but I refer to my Pocket 36s as the 36 caliber revolvers with recoil.

As for carrying, a lot of times they are carried behind a belt or sash, in a pocket, in boot tops, or even in a holster.  I have made a couple of loop holsters for the Pocket revolvers and use the holsters interchangeably with my Pocket Police, Pocket Navies and the 31s.  The 6" barrels make it a bit tough to find the correct size pockets but I have a few coats that can hold them.
« Last Edit: December 20, 2013, 03:17:33 AM by StrawHat »
Knowledge carried to the grave unshared, is wasted.

www.NoonSharpening.com

Offline east texas

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: September 29, 2011, 01:06:57 AM »
sweet little guns straw hat! they would look good in that mahog case !