Banner image by Mike116

Banner image by Mike116

Author Topic: 1911 Fun  (Read 9790 times)

Offline brazosdave

• Redneck Mower Jockey
    • View Profile
Re: 1911 Fun
« Reply #15 on: March 30, 2014, 03:02:43 PM »
When you let the slide down you chambered another round so when you pulled the trigger the gun fired. You have to drop the mag and then eject the chambered round.

Yeah I only had to learn that one once.  Scared the crap out of me and left my ears ringing. Plus patch work before the wife got home. ("Why is there a hole in the wall?")
  Hawg, you're too smart so you win first prize, a trip to Bermuda.  Contact my agent at reidh@laughs.us.gov.  Remember to mention my name.

Edit:  I had done it right maybe 100 times.  That day I got the sequence wrong.  Have to remind myself, stop and think, each and every time.  Somebody could get killed, it's not a toy.

I did the same thing with my AMT Hardballer 1911 clone, lol! *6'   Hole in the wall, scared the crap out of myself.  I remember the day clearly, as it was the same day the Ft. Hood shooting occurred.  I could never hit crap with that pistol, sold it to a guy I knew, he couldn't miss with it!
"I don't gotta kill a man, I just gotta make him sit down"

Offline Saranac Sam

• View Profile
« Reply #16 on: March 30, 2014, 03:12:35 PM »
Dunno, we don't have trout.

Right, but you would like them for eating.  Don't have to be a prissy fly fisherman, we also catch them with worms.

I understand down south you also get bowfins, we get them sometimes up north but they are scary looking. They are good fighters and good eating, from what I hear.

:)
Peace is that brief glorious moment in history when everybody stands around reloading.

Offline Hawg

• Now you went and done it!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: March 30, 2014, 03:49:47 PM »
I had to look up bowfin. We call them grinnel. They're in the gar family and I wouldn't want to eat one. If you think those look scary look up a pic of alligator gar.
Do not meddle in the affairs of dragons, for thou art crunchy and tasteth good with ketchup.

Offline Saranac Sam

• View Profile
« Reply #18 on: March 30, 2014, 05:15:05 PM »
When you let the slide down you chambered another round so when you pulled the trigger the gun fired. You have to drop the mag and then eject the chambered round.

Yeah I only had to learn that one once.  Scared the crap out of me and left my ears ringing. Plus patch work before the wife got home. ("Why is there a hole in the wall?")
  Hawg, you're too smart so you win first prize, a trip to Bermuda.  Contact my agent at reidh@laughs.us.gov.  Remember to mention my name.

Edit:  I had done it right maybe 100 times.  That day I got the sequence wrong.  Have to remind myself, stop and think, each and every time.  Somebody could get killed, it's not a toy.

I did the same thing with my AMT Hardballer 1911 clone, lol! *6'   Hole in the wall, scared the crap out of myself.  I remember the day clearly, as it was the same day the Ft. Hood shooting occurred.  I could never hit crap with that pistol, sold it to a guy I knew, he couldn't miss with it!

Oh great.  Now we got the Hole In The Wall Gang!  You be Butch Cassidy, I'll be the Sundance Kid (cuz I'm pretty)  But you get the girl (God help her)

)%g
Peace is that brief glorious moment in history when everybody stands around reloading.

Offline caferacer

• Ornary cus
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: March 30, 2014, 06:00:33 PM »
I had to run that puzzle through my mind a few times, I never think about the sequence or what order I do things when clearing a firearm, all I think about is where the live round or rounds are,

I swear sometimes it feels like getting the barrel link lined up with the hole in the frame for the slide stop to go through on my 1911's is a bigger PITA than putting my Ruger MK I back together
a dirty gun
is a happy gun

Offline Saranac Sam

• View Profile
« Reply #20 on: March 30, 2014, 06:07:19 PM »
  Actually, the first time I almost put a hole in the wall was 15 years ago.  A GD red squirrel got into the house and under the bookcase.  My two Springer Spaniels were going berserk and said they weren't going to let up on this case, even if it took weeks.  Being of sober mind, I called 911 seeking a solution from animal control.  I was eventually routed to the State Police barracks, and I told the nice lady trooper there that I was planning to shoot the little bastard.
    She said "No no no, you might put a hole in your wall."
     And that was the end of their concern.
     So there I was later laying on the floor with a flashlight and a Ruger Standard .22lr,  supervised by two Springers, murdering a squirrel.
    It was as unpretty as you can imagine, I had to drag him out with a stick, and dropped him into the Saranac River where I drop the rest of my mistakes.

Offline brazosdave

• Redneck Mower Jockey
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: March 31, 2014, 04:29:09 AM »

Oh great.  Now we got the Hole In The Wall Gang!  You be Butch Cassidy, I'll be the Sundance Kid (cuz I'm pretty)  But you get the girl (God help her)

)%g

*6' *6'
"I don't gotta kill a man, I just gotta make him sit down"

Offline Mad Dog Stafford

• View Profile
« Reply #22 on: June 06, 2015, 10:33:55 AM »
BTT

Offline HAWKEN50

• View Profile
« Reply #23 on: June 06, 2015, 07:35:02 PM »
 :)  I carry a Spring field 1911. Inside waistband Galco holster. I do carry loaded with hammer down because every thing else i shoot is single action. It is more natural for me to thumb that hammer back. And my booger hook stays off the trigger til ready to  (@+  fire. Been carrying that way for about 30 years now.