Banner image by Mike116

Banner image by Mike116

Author Topic: Griswold and Gunnison Revolver  (Read 5045 times)

Offline ssb73q

• Gunsmoke junkie
    • View Profile
Griswold and Gunnison Revolver
« on: June 01, 2014, 01:11:11 PM »
Hi, Mike put up a new video on his Griswold and Gunnison Revolver lookalike, see:

While a brass framed revolver, notice that he loads 30gr BP.

Regards,
Richard
There’s nothing better in the morning than the smell of bacon and black powder smoke!

Online Hawg

• Now you went and done it!!!
    • View Profile
Re: Griswold and Gunnison Revolver
« Reply #1 on: June 01, 2014, 01:49:55 PM »
He also said he knew it wasn't going to hold up.
Do not meddle in the affairs of dragons, for thou art crunchy and tasteth good with ketchup.

Offline Captainkirk

• Administrator Extraordinaire and Part-Time Gunslinger
  • Administrator
  • "Never said I didn't know how to use it" M.Quigley
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: June 01, 2014, 07:51:39 PM »
I prefer them in the original .36 cal. He's gonna pull that arbor loose in short order using 30 grains.
"You gonna pull those pistols, or whistle Dixie?"

Offline Fingers McGee

• Branson State Match, 2009
    • View Profile
    • Central Ozarks Western Shooters
« Reply #3 on: June 01, 2014, 09:10:37 PM »
I prefer them in the original .36 cal. He's gonna pull that arbor loose in short order using 30 grains.

+1.  To each his own; but IMNSHO there is no reason to own a brass framed .44 Colt or Remington revolvers.  Just because they're cheap isn't a valid reason.  You can't really call them reproductions - cause they aren't - and they're not copies of anything. 
Fingers (Show Me MO smoke) McGee - AKA Man of Many Colts; SASS 28564-L-TG, rangemaster and stage writer extraordinaire; Frontiersman/Pistoleer, NRA Endowment Life, Central Ozarks Western Shooters
Cynic: A blackguard whose faulty vision sees things as they are, not as they should be.  Ambrose Bierce

Offline Southron

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: April 09, 2015, 09:14:18 AM »
My Grandmother Sanders was born just outside of Griswoldville in the late 1880's.

As a young lady, she knew several Confederate Veterans-including some that had been involved in the Battle of Griswoldville.

According to what I understand about the battle, the Georgia militia defending the town consisted of old men and young boys hastily "drafted" from Macon and the surrounding area to help defend the Griswoldville. Keep in mind that they were facing battle hardened Yankee troops. Also, a special company was formed from Confederate soldiers in the hospital at Macon that had one of their legs amputated.

This company was deployed in a key position that had to be held if Griswoldville had to be saved. Then to make sure that this company of amputees didn't retreat, The C.O. of their unit ordered all of their crutches be confiscated from them!

Offline StrawHat

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: April 09, 2015, 01:39:50 PM »
...Then to make sure that this company of amputees didn't retreat, The C.O. of their unit ordered all of their crutches be confiscated from them!...

Sounds reasonable to me.

Kevin
Knowledge carried to the grave unshared, is wasted.

www.NoonSharpening.com

Offline Captainkirk

• Administrator Extraordinaire and Part-Time Gunslinger
  • Administrator
  • "Never said I didn't know how to use it" M.Quigley
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: April 09, 2015, 07:47:37 PM »
Did it work?
"You gonna pull those pistols, or whistle Dixie?"