Banner image by Mike116

Banner image by Mike116

Author Topic: What did you do today  (Read 351782 times)

Offline Captainkirk

• Administrator Extraordinaire and Part-Time Gunslinger
  • Administrator
  • "Never said I didn't know how to use it" M.Quigley
    • View Profile
Re: What did you do today
« Reply #2325 on: June 13, 2024, 07:32:07 PM »
What did I do today? Drove to work. Worked. Drove home from work. Weed whacked after dinner. Took my Tacoma for a drive (not good to let them sit, ya know!) then dragged the bow outside and shot maybe 50-60 arrows? All in all, a good day!
"You gonna pull those pistols, or whistle Dixie?"

Offline Captainkirk

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #2326 on: June 15, 2024, 08:31:23 PM »
Father's Day cook out at my son's house today! A beautiful day all around with the grandkids and family. Burgers, hot dogs and venison on the grill. A great time had by all.

Offline WECSOG

• View Profile
« Reply #2327 on: June 16, 2024, 06:40:58 AM »
Today? Not much. After work, did a few small home projects in the yard, went for a motorcycle ride, then mounted my new primer tool to my reloading bench. Oh, and sent out the Colt Country newsletter.
What motorcycle?
One of my three riders...the '99 Buell Cyclone
Nice bike. I love that Sportster engine. I have a '94 Sportster 1200 with Andrews cams and recently bought a pair of the better heads that came on later 1200s and Buells. Hope to have it going again soon.

Offline Marshal Will

• Global Moderator
  • Smile, it makes people wonder what you're up to.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2328 on: June 16, 2024, 06:57:31 AM »
The Sportster engine is truly a fine one. In '05 I got my wife a 1200 Custom. Put a sidecar on it. Other than free flow mufflers and an 883 counter sprocket it was stock. Even with the sidecar on it she could outrun me on my '93 FXLR with cams, heads and Vance & Hines exhaust.

Offline Captainkirk

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #2329 on: June 17, 2024, 07:24:52 PM »
Yep, in total agreement on the Sportster engine. This one came with the Thunderstorm heads. I added Andrews N8 cams, Mikuni HSR-42 flat slide and the Buell Race Kit with race ECM, CF "ham can" K&N filter, race exhaust and header and some other goodies. You won't fall asleep riding! L@J

Offline Clydesdale4x4

• View Profile
« Reply #2330 on: June 19, 2024, 08:04:43 AM »
Yep, in total agreement on the Sportster engine. This one came with the Thunderstorm heads. I added Andrews N8 cams, Mikuni HSR-42 flat slide, and the Buell Race Kit with race ECM, CF "ham can" K&N filter, race exhaust, and header, and some other goodies. You won't fall asleep riding! L@J

I've piloted one HD in my life, worked at a car lot, and I dress today, the same as then, jeans boots, facial hair, etc. One of the salesmen, looked at me )we were moving rigs to an offsite show) and said "You look like you belong on that, more so than any of us, take it"

I hadn't sat a bike in 10? years at that point.

I don't remember line item by line item what had been done to that Sporty, but it had it all, S&S carbs, bored stroked, ported polished, cammed, it was slick, loud, and FAST!!!

Best time of my life. I was sold. But I like dirt, and unless you build a Sporty into one, (Honda Forks go right on them, and then there's a simple suspension flip in the back that gives monster travel, etc etc etc) HD didn't make a Dual Sport.... annnnd thennnnn...

My first bike purchase will be a Pan American.

Offline WECSOG

• View Profile
« Reply #2331 on: June 21, 2024, 12:16:05 PM »
Yep, in total agreement on the Sportster engine. This one came with the Thunderstorm heads. I added Andrews N8 cams, Mikuni HSR-42 flat slide and the Buell Race Kit with race ECM, CF "ham can" K&N filter, race exhaust and header and some other goodies. You won't fall asleep riding! L@J
Would you buy those cams again? I only have N2s in mine. Wish I had gone with N4s. Still running the CV carb too, but I plan to upgrade when I put the new heads on it.

Offline Captainkirk

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #2332 on: June 21, 2024, 12:31:22 PM »
Would you buy those cams again? I only have N2s in mine. Wish I had gone with N4s. Still running the CV carb too, but I plan to upgrade when I put the new heads on it.
At times the N8 can be a bit much. They alter the stock power band from 2k-4.5k to 3k-6.5k so you have to keep the revs a bit higher. The stock Cyclone cams are very similar to the N4 grind. I highly recommend the Mikuni carb over the CV unless you are going to be changing altitude a lot. The "Keihin Cough" is all but eliminated even on full throttle dumps. You can use the Buell race ECM in place of your stock Sporty spark box. Plug and play.

Offline Captainkirk

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #2333 on: June 21, 2024, 12:42:33 PM »
Somewhere I have pix of the stock Lightning (N4) cams compared to the N8s. If you want to see them I can try to dig them up

Offline WECSOG

• View Profile
« Reply #2334 on: June 21, 2024, 06:50:12 PM »
Thanks! That's about what I expected to hear. I'll probably keep the N2s for now since they don't have many miles on them. But I definitely intend to upgrade to the HSR42, and look at the N4s later.

Offline Captainkirk

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #2335 on: June 23, 2024, 07:30:08 PM »
Spent that afternoon cleaning up the yard after last night's t-storm. Ol' Ma Nature must've had a burr under her saddle. She trashed the place. Hell hath no fury like that of a woman scorned. Somebody must have pushed her buttons. :-[

Offline Zulch

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #2336 on: Today at 05:30:26 AM »
Hope you weathered the storm okay Cap.