Banner image by Mike116

Banner image by Mike116

Author Topic: What did you do today  (Read 353305 times)

Offline Pustic

• KM4JZJ Extra Class / WRPR990 GMRS
    • View Profile
Re: What did you do today?
« Reply #660 on: February 03, 2019, 01:03:45 PM »
I'm working the HF bands looking for QSO parties and other contacts to make. 73's.   
A well regulated Militia, being necessary to the security of a free State, the right of the people to keep and bear Arms, shall not be infringed.

Concealed carry, where you HIDE the exercise of your right to carry arms.

Offline mazo kid

• View Profile
« Reply #661 on: February 07, 2019, 08:59:06 AM »
I'm in the process of forming 20 more '43 Mauser brass from 45-90. Have them necked and trimmed to length. Next is turning the rim to size and forming the "A" base, then annealing them so they can be fire-formed in the chamber. May cast some bullets if I feel up to standing some more.

Offline Electric Miner

• View Profile
« Reply #662 on: February 10, 2019, 11:40:14 AM »
Wife had to go into work today, so I'm busy around here. Doing laundry, filled seed feeders, niger feeders, sunflower seed feeders, suet feeders, hummingbird feeder. I forgot to buy another worm block. Now I have to change into old clothes so I can pull the pond pump and aerator and clean them and back-flush the filter. And sometime soon I have to start a batch of soup, and split firewood in case it snows tonight.

Offline Miguel Loco

• View Profile
« Reply #663 on: February 12, 2019, 07:24:01 PM »
Got caught up on my holster orders.....3 more gone. 2 for a Cobra .38 Derringer and 1 for a 5.5" Colt. I had fun with these.... I even had fun with the domed and drilled peso....

« Last Edit: February 12, 2019, 07:26:53 PM by Miguel Loco »
"a dios rogando y con el mazo dando...y un buen cigarro"
-Mick

Offline ShotgunDave

• Gun Geezer
  • Administrator
  • Black Powder Aficionado
    • View Profile
« Reply #664 on: February 12, 2019, 07:42:16 PM »
Nice work Miguel!
"Never trust an actor with a gun."
-Abe Lincoln

Offline Miguel Loco

• View Profile
« Reply #665 on: February 14, 2019, 07:49:11 PM »
Nice work Miguel!

Ready to see your next project!

The Derringer holsters were made for a guy who specifically wanted something that didn't look brand new.....I added a few stains and other stuff. The gun shop just ordered more of on these leeeetle side arms.....and now they want some holsters too. I'm having a blast making them. I may even make myself a holster one of these days!
"a dios rogando y con el mazo dando...y un buen cigarro"
-Mick

Offline Len

• View Profile
« Reply #666 on: February 17, 2019, 10:03:43 AM »
[quote        I may even make myself a holster one of these days!
[/quote]
You can probably forget making your own holster. With that order input you will not be granted the time.

Offline Electric Miner

• View Profile
« Reply #667 on: February 17, 2019, 01:06:54 PM »
I'm trying to ignore my M-I-L in the next room who is telling story after BS story of things she did recently, where she was the hero and saved all sorts of people from things that were going to happen to them.

Offline mazo kid

• View Profile
« Reply #668 on: February 18, 2019, 04:44:30 PM »
We mostly stayed indoors yesterday and watched it snow a record amount for the date....7".

Offline Len

• View Profile
« Reply #669 on: February 19, 2019, 09:56:29 AM »
Detected a leakage from the incoming water pipe from well to hydrofore. Spent most of the day first provisionally tightening, then planning the repair approach and finally got hold of the parts needed to fix the problem. The goal is to do a better job than I did forty yrs ago, so that I shall not have to do another repair during the next forty years. The job will be finished tomorrow.

Offline Electric Miner

• View Profile
« Reply #670 on: February 22, 2019, 06:39:51 PM »
The drive over to town. And this in Arizona!

Offline ssb73q

• Gunsmoke junkie
    • View Profile
« Reply #671 on: February 23, 2019, 07:56:16 AM »
Hi Electric, here in Western New York I needed to snowblow the driveway 3 times last year. This winter I have already snowblowed the driveway 14 times and its not yet over. This has been a nasty winter for sure. Global warming, BS!

Regards,
Richard
There’s nothing better in the morning than the smell of bacon and black powder smoke!

Offline tljack

• View Profile
« Reply #672 on: February 25, 2019, 05:43:20 PM »
Today I have been sitting by the fire fondling guns  watching the snow fall.
Decided I have better go plow snow before it get to deep. Currently -6 below zero F, wind blowing and have had nearly a foot of new powder today.
Back inside now where it is nice and warm, reading about black powder guns.  L@.
I Love the Smell of Burning Black in the Morning

Flinters are awesome!

Offline Len

• View Profile
« Reply #673 on: March 08, 2019, 01:08:57 PM »
Out with the dogs in the pastures next to my plot. New trail of wild boars, at least 4, maybe 5, coming through and then crossing over to my patch. Easy to track in the snow. These creatures breed like mice, 3 litters a year, and are about to become a real nuisance. The surrounding woods are thoroughly plowed up. So why don't we shoot them? There are no restrictions, no hunting season.
You have to sit through the night to ambush them. Then you have to take care of the kill. There's no market for the meat (radioactivity too high, cesium 137 from the Russian Chernobyl reactor downfall 1986, they dig it up). If recovered you have to send meat samples in for checking for trichines. Then you have to have the carcasses disposed of (you need an excavator) or pay for destruction. When all that is taken care of, you shall have to crawl to work in the morning.

Offline tljack

• View Profile
« Reply #674 on: March 08, 2019, 02:15:53 PM »
Those boars must be a pia!!  One of these days after they have destroyed everything, the Fish and Game or what ever they call them will decide they need to do a study. Of course after 10 plus years and spending an absolute fortune they just might agree to let folks just blast away!!
I Love the Smell of Burning Black in the Morning

Flinters are awesome!