Banner image by Mike116

Banner image by Mike116

Author Topic: Howdy from Colorado  (Read 7168 times)

Sandan027

Howdy from Colorado
« on: June 08, 2015, 10:54:43 AM »
I got involved w/ BP 2 years ago, more or less, wigh a .50 percussion Hawken replica.  Big fun. Since that time I've become almost obessed with B/P firearms. Finally I broke down, 2 months ago and purchased a .36 1861 Navy reproduction. I have about 200 rounds through it so far. It's more fun than a barrel of monkeys. Thanks for accepting me to the forum. I know there will be more Colt's to follow.
Sandan027

Offline Captainkirk

• Administrator Extraordinaire and Part-Time Gunslinger
  • Administrator
  • "Never said I didn't know how to use it" M.Quigley
    • View Profile
Re: Howdy from Colorado
« Reply #1 on: June 08, 2015, 11:14:32 AM »
Thanks for signing up, and glad to have you here! Yes, BP (especially WRT revolvers) is a sickness with no known cure. About the only thing we can offer is a 'support group' to help you through the rough times (like when you spend home improvement money on yet ANOTHER revolver)
I would strongly recommend staying away from GunBroker and the like (auction sites) as well as the Cabela's website until you've built up your immune system somewhat.
I now have near 20 BP revolvers...not counting the half-dozen or more that I've bought and sold....and have learned to say "no" only because I'm out of room to stack them.
You have our sympathies.... ($!
"You gonna pull those pistols, or whistle Dixie?"

Offline mike116

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
    • LeathersmithMike.net
« Reply #2 on: June 08, 2015, 11:41:33 AM »
Welcome from another Coloradan.   I live just a ways North of Denver.   Just like Captainkirk  I have 20 or so BP revolvers,  some Colts and some Remingtons too.

Sandan027

« Reply #3 on: June 08, 2015, 01:38:14 PM »
Howdy gentlemen. As sure as the sun comes up in the morning my revolver collection will expand. I'm already thinking about an 1860 Army.  Soon very soon. DGW is a place that can get a fellow in trouble too.
BTW, Mike I'm just south of Denver

Offline mazo kid

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: June 08, 2015, 03:49:29 PM »
Sandan027, welcome from Wisconsin! Well, there are all the Colt models, and then there are the variations and then there are.....You see how it goes?!

Offline mike116

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
    • LeathersmithMike.net
« Reply #5 on: June 08, 2015, 06:24:37 PM »
Well, that means we both live way too close to a Cabelas store than people like us should.

Offline StrawHat

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: June 09, 2015, 05:14:31 AM »
Welcome from Ohio.  I attended CSU (Fort Collins) my freshman year.  Nice area.

As for C&B revovlers, don't bother counting them, it might be overwhelming and then you have to explain to the Mrs.

Kevin
Knowledge carried to the grave unshared, is wasted.

www.NoonSharpening.com

Offline Fingers McGee

• Branson State Match, 2009
    • View Profile
    • Central Ozarks Western Shooters
« Reply #7 on: June 09, 2015, 08:14:01 AM »
Welcome from Missouri Sandan027
Fingers (Show Me MO smoke) McGee - AKA Man of Many Colts; SASS 28564-L-TG, rangemaster and stage writer extraordinaire; Frontiersman/Pistoleer, NRA Endowment Life, Central Ozarks Western Shooters
Cynic: A blackguard whose faulty vision sees things as they are, not as they should be.  Ambrose Bierce

Sandan027

« Reply #8 on: June 09, 2015, 08:44:36 AM »
Well, that means we both live way too close to a Cabelas store than people like us should.
Way too close. only 10 minutes to the Lone Tree Cabela's. it's like my Jeep can get there all by itself.

Sandan027

« Reply #9 on: June 09, 2015, 08:46:18 AM »
Thank you folks for the warm welcomes. Can't have too much money nor too many guns, it's a vicious circle.

Offline Captainkirk

• Administrator Extraordinaire and Part-Time Gunslinger
  • Administrator
  • "Never said I didn't know how to use it" M.Quigley
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: June 09, 2015, 08:51:42 AM »
....or too many friends.
"You gonna pull those pistols, or whistle Dixie?"

Offline mike116

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
    • LeathersmithMike.net
« Reply #11 on: June 09, 2015, 10:35:29 AM »
Way too close. only 10 minutes to the Lone Tree Cabela's. it's like my Jeep can get there all by itself.
I'm in the same boat.  Only 10 minutes (less if I hurry) from the North Cabelas.   I just came from there.  Had to buy a new pocket knife.  I lost the one I've been carrying for over 15 years.

Sandan027

« Reply #12 on: June 09, 2015, 12:25:34 PM »

Sandan027

« Reply #13 on: June 09, 2015, 12:26:46 PM »
I'm in the same boat.  Only 10 minutes (less if I hurry) from the North Cabelas.   I just came from there.  Had to buy a new pocket knife.  I lost the one I've been carrying for over 15 years.
Same here less if I hurry. Bummer about the knife. What else did you get while shopping for a new blade?

Offline mike116

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
    • LeathersmithMike.net
« Reply #14 on: June 09, 2015, 01:00:37 PM »
Nothing else.  Bought a Case Trapper (full size) and walked out before I got too close to the guns.