Banner image by Mike116

Banner image by Mike116

Author Topic: Hello from Brittany  (Read 9042 times)

Offline Fingers McGee

• Branson State Match, 2009
    • View Profile
    • Central Ozarks Western Shooters
Re: Hello from Brittany
« Reply #15 on: January 14, 2016, 04:40:19 PM »
As you probably know, My GLB revolvers are consecutive serial numbered full nickel plated 1851 Navies that were made in 1970 and imported by FIE.  They came with the boxes.  Every part, to include the inner workings are nickel.  Both had been fired & one was abused.  The wedge is loose in the barrel and arbor and the trigger sear is broken off.  The other one is in really good shape and would make a nice shooter - but that isn't going to happen.
Fingers (Show Me MO smoke) McGee - AKA Man of Many Colts; SASS 28564-L-TG, rangemaster and stage writer extraordinaire; Frontiersman/Pistoleer, NRA Endowment Life, Central Ozarks Western Shooters
Cynic: A blackguard whose faulty vision sees things as they are, not as they should be.  Ambrose Bierce

Offline Ringo

• A man's gotta do what a man's gotta do.
    • View Profile
    • répliques Old West
« Reply #16 on: January 15, 2016, 01:06:29 AM »
As you probably know, My GLB revolvers are consecutive serial numbered full nickel plated 1851 Navies that were made in 1970 and imported by FIE.  They came with the boxes.  Every part, to include the inner workings are nickel.  Both had been fired & one was abused.  The wedge is loose in the barrel and arbor and the trigger sear is broken off.  The other one is in really good shape and would make a nice shooter - but that isn't going to happen.
They must have been among the last ones imported. I don't own any nickel replica myself, so I don't know whether nickel plated replicas usually have their inner workings plated too. I guess not, which would just stress the quality of the GLB replicas.
Did you ever try to find replacement parts for the wedge and the trigger sear ? I guess they must pretty scarce.
« Last Edit: January 15, 2016, 01:57:38 AM by Ringo »

Offline Fingers McGee

• Branson State Match, 2009
    • View Profile
    • Central Ozarks Western Shooters
« Reply #17 on: January 15, 2016, 09:02:09 AM »
The trigger is different than any other I tried to match it up with.  I've tried PR, COM, Palmetto, Pietta, ASM, Uberti, ASP/Euroarms, none have the same profile.  I keep looking for another GLB on Gunbroker that I can use as a parts gun - to no avail. 

To be honest, I haven't fooled with either one of them in a long time.  Guess I should try again to fix it.   
Fingers (Show Me MO smoke) McGee - AKA Man of Many Colts; SASS 28564-L-TG, rangemaster and stage writer extraordinaire; Frontiersman/Pistoleer, NRA Endowment Life, Central Ozarks Western Shooters
Cynic: A blackguard whose faulty vision sees things as they are, not as they should be.  Ambrose Bierce

Offline 99whip

• View Profile
« Reply #18 on: January 30, 2016, 05:24:08 AM »
That is a great looking bunch of revolvers Ringo, what a great collection. 

Offline Ringo

• A man's gotta do what a man's gotta do.
    • View Profile
    • répliques Old West
« Reply #19 on: January 30, 2016, 06:21:07 AM »
That is a great looking bunch of revolvers Ringo, what a great collection.
Thanks, 99whip ! I am quite proud of my collection, even if it has its flaws and gaps. I'll try and fill these in a not too far future. The upside is that looking for the missing parts keeps me alert.