Banner image by Mike116

Banner image by Mike116

Author Topic: Like Len...  (Read 3983 times)

Offline Racing

• View Profile
Like Len...
« on: December 28, 2017, 09:48:58 PM »
..i´m about married to "Inga from Sveden"  (7+"

Nah. Seriously. What brought me here,this actual forum,in the first place was word of mouth as the Remmy forum was down. As there´s no real..brawling going on between the two camps of Remington and Colt owners..one thing led to another.

Haven´t really contributed all that much n guess i´ll keep lurking a for a while more before getting my feet wet.

Over here,sry to say,gunlaws has gone ape in latter yrs why what´s really available to us are the old originals as very much like in the US anything made before 1890 is exempt from the gunlaw of this country (Sweden).
In short they F-d that up around the millennium as the made 5yr limits for handgun permits mandatory. Back in the day them permits were for life so..to be honest i bang the door of the fridge with my skull for ever getting rid of the old guns of mine.

Speaking of which.
What i got here as is is a pair of Remmy 1858´s in 44 cal and a DA Starr. All of them originals. What´s more i´m expecting delivery of a rather scarse Freeman revolver sometime just after the new year has chimed.
That´s gonna be a hoot to go over and try!

That said back in the days what i kept were all Colt copies. Ubertis,and of course then a Walker and a Dragoon.

Anyways!
That aside..i´m Jesper..52 of age...Mrs,dogs and the full 9 yrds. Live on the west coast of Sweden,in Gothenburg. Run a shop where i build tubeamps for instrument use as a living and indeed i´m a gigin musician as well.

Have a pro past with the racing industry,hence my tag.

Offline Captainkirk

• Administrator Extraordinaire and Part-Time Gunslinger
  • Administrator
  • "Never said I didn't know how to use it" M.Quigley
    • View Profile
Re: Like Len...
« Reply #1 on: December 29, 2017, 10:05:23 AM »
Really glad you joined us over here...we are a smaller group with many of the Remmy forum guys here, but some who are dyed-in-the-wool Colt fans who have no use for a top strap. *6'
I am very impressed with your work on the Starr and am fascinated by the Freeman...I hope you'll share your work and progress on both of them with all of us here.  &\?
Glad to have you on board and hope you will do more than lurk!
"You gonna pull those pistols, or whistle Dixie?"

Offline Mad Dog Stafford

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: December 30, 2017, 06:08:26 AM »
Well, Welcome Racing! Great to have ya on here too!  :-*

Offline ssb73q

• Gunsmoke junkie
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: December 30, 2017, 08:00:15 AM »
Hi Racing, glad to see you here. While my favorite replica BP revolvers are Colt, I also like the Remingtons. In fact, if I could only own one BP revolver it would be an 1858 Remington. Would never feel undergunned with the 1858.

While you may feel jumped on when posting to the Remington message board you will never find that behavior here. We welcome both newbies and experts here and there is always someone willing to help answer questions.

Seeing your posts on the Remmy board, I know that I will be learning a lot from your postings.

Welcome!!

Regards,
Richard
There’s nothing better in the morning than the smell of bacon and black powder smoke!

Offline mazo kid

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: December 30, 2017, 01:18:59 PM »
Welcome from Wisconsin. I'm glad to see you on this forum too!

Offline Racing

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: December 31, 2017, 03:04:45 AM »
I am very impressed with your work on the Starr and am fascinated by the Freeman...I hope you'll share your work and progress on both of them with all of us here.  &\?

Thx!
Uhu. I´ll be making a few of them "picture tutorials" as i spend some time with each of them old guns i guess  :-*.
No matter how we regard it really something mechanical that´s a 160yrs old needs work. At least if it´s been used it does,so putting up picture threads of the work performed....well,i´m used to it from the other side of things (read-tube amps).

Next thing on the agenda for me and my close friend Timmy is getting a decent chrono. A valuable tool when trying to figure out how consistant a gun can be.

Offline mike116

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
    • LeathersmithMike.net
« Reply #6 on: January 01, 2018, 02:48:52 PM »
Welcome from Colorado.   Nice to see you over here.

Offline DD4lifeusmc

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: January 06, 2018, 06:35:20 AM »
Welcome from Wyoming

Offline Calibre58

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: January 10, 2018, 02:35:23 PM »
Welcome........Jim