Banner image by Mike116

Banner image by Mike116

Author Topic: This is mine.  (Read 14076 times)

Offline Pustic

• KM4JZJ Extra Class / WRPR990 GMRS
    • View Profile
Re: This is mine.
« Reply #15 on: October 08, 2013, 08:05:50 PM »

That's a nice holster!

Thanks Sam. That came from Shop-O-Rama. :)
A well regulated Militia, being necessary to the security of a free State, the right of the people to keep and bear Arms, shall not be infringed.

Concealed carry, where you HIDE the exercise of your right to carry arms.

Offline Pustic

• View Profile
« Reply #16 on: October 08, 2013, 08:06:31 PM »
A well regulated Militia, being necessary to the security of a free State, the right of the people to keep and bear Arms, shall not be infringed.

Offline mazo kid

• View Profile
« Reply #17 on: October 10, 2013, 08:17:03 AM »
I'm envious of your 45 ACP cylinders....may have to see if I can find one! I get to see on Monday if any of my offers are accepted. Keeping my fingers crossed!

Offline Pustic

• View Profile
« Reply #18 on: October 10, 2013, 09:20:46 AM »
I'm envious of your 45 ACP cylinders....may have to see if I can find one! I get to see on Monday if any of my offers are accepted. Keeping my fingers crossed!
When I saw the gun at the gun show, it was sitting on top of the box, and after I paid for it was when the guy showed me the ACP cylinder. That was a total surprise.   <={  It didn't take me very long to order a set of dies to reload the .45 ACP.  *l_ Good luck on your offers. :)

Offline Driftwood Johnson

• View Profile
« Reply #19 on: February 05, 2014, 03:53:59 PM »
Thanks Capt.  :) This handles better than it looks. Easy to cock, and smooth trigger action, and right on target. This will also handle modern ammunition besides just cowboy ammo, and shoots XTP's just as good as lead. I did a search on this gun, and from what I found, this is the most accurate to the original Colt Peacemakers that are made today.

Howdy

Very nice looking piece. But I just have to make a couple of comments. Regarding the statement about it being the most accurate to the original Colt SAA; Colt never built the SAA with brass backstrap and trigger guard. And any modern made, quality SAA replica is capable of digesting SAAMI spec 45 Colt ammo, not just 'cowboy ammo.'

But it is a very nice looking piece.

Offline Kaboom

• Too many hobbies, too little time.
    • View Profile
Re: This is mine.S
« Reply #20 on: February 05, 2014, 04:08:45 PM »
Sweet. Very nice rig. I've applied for a PT job at the LGS. If it comes through, I just might be before adding to my inventory. Here's hoping. Anyway, that is one beautiful piece of iron. )k*
Black powder smoke is my Aromatherapy.

Offline Pustic

• View Profile
« Reply #21 on: June 30, 2014, 01:18:41 PM »
Thanks Capt.  :) This handles better than it looks. Easy to cock, and smooth trigger action, and right on target. This will also handle modern ammunition besides just cowboy ammo, and shoots XTP's just as good as lead. I did a search on this gun, and from what I found, this is the most accurate to the original Colt Peacemakers that are made today.

Howdy

Very nice looking piece. But I just have to make a couple of comments. Regarding the statement about it being the most accurate to the original Colt SAA; Colt never built the SAA with brass backstrap and trigger guard. And any modern made, quality SAA replica is capable of digesting SAAMI spec 45 Colt ammo, not just 'cowboy ammo.'

But it is a very nice looking piece.

I know, I load up 250 grain Hornady XTP's for this gun, and it shoots it with no problem. I'm just not going to shoot any +P's out of this.  :)
« Last Edit: July 01, 2014, 09:15:05 AM by Pustic »

Offline Pustic

• View Profile
Re: This is mine.S
« Reply #22 on: June 30, 2014, 01:19:32 PM »
Sweet. Very nice rig. I've applied for a PT job at the LGS. If it comes through, I just might be before adding to my inventory. Here's hoping. Anyway, that is one beautiful piece of iron. )k*

Thanks Kaboom. I hope you got that job at the lgs.  :)

Offline Kaboom

• Too many hobbies, too little time.
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: June 30, 2014, 04:04:59 PM »
Well, I was told they were looking for 2 people and that no one had applied. So, never got a call for an interview or nothing. Guess they just didn't' t like my application. I never got to talk to anyone, so it had to be just the app. Oh, well. My acquisition s will just take a bit longer. I figure, their loss. I did talk to a couple of their salesmen behind the counter. Not the brightest bulbs, by far.   L@J
Black powder smoke is my Aromatherapy.

Offline Pustic

• View Profile
« Reply #24 on: June 30, 2014, 07:34:50 PM »
Well that sucks, but you may be better off anyway. ;D

Offline StrawHat

• View Profile
« Reply #25 on: July 01, 2014, 04:17:21 AM »
Here is my version of the SAA, with the ACP cylinder installed, the LC cylinder on the table.  Original type loads for the picture.

Knowledge carried to the grave unshared, is wasted.

www.NoonSharpening.com

Offline mazo kid

• View Profile
« Reply #26 on: July 01, 2014, 01:19:20 PM »
As far as accurate repros go, I think this USFA '73 is a good one too. I got this 44-40 from a friend a few years ago.