Banner image by Mike116

Banner image by Mike116

Author Topic: Centennial Arms Navy  (Read 2910 times)

Offline ShotgunDave

• Gun Geezer
  • Administrator
  • Black Powder Aficionado
    • View Profile
Centennial Arms Navy
« on: December 23, 2018, 10:53:17 AM »
This one isn't your usual Uberti or Pietta. It's from Centennial Arms of Chicago. They were made by Armi San Paolo and this one was made in 1972 according to the date stamp. It's a nicely made pistol and shows well.

It's not without it's faults though, but they are minor. A couple of the screws stand proud, as if the heads are a little too thick. It doesn't bother me too much. The one thing that really stands out to me, is the hammer. If you look at the top of it, it isn't shaped correctly. It doesn't affect function, it just looks off.

Here's a website that tells all about the Centennial guns and the company itself. It's very informative. https://www.1960nma.com/italian-half-brothers/
« Last Edit: December 23, 2018, 11:00:16 AM by ShotgunDave »
"Never trust an actor with a gun."
-Abe Lincoln

Offline Hawg

• Now you went and done it!!!
    • View Profile
Re: Centennial Arms Navy
« Reply #1 on: December 23, 2018, 12:45:02 PM »
It looks more like a Uberti hammer. The first thing I noticed was the barrel lug doesn't match the frame.
Do not meddle in the affairs of dragons, for thou art crunchy and tasteth good with ketchup.

Offline sourdough

• 1851 Navy Parts Changer
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: December 23, 2018, 04:46:08 PM »
The long grip profile looks more like an 1860 Army, and nice wood BTW. And the nice wood leads me to ask:

Is it a parts gun?

To me, that is not a problem unless you are collecting exact replica guns. Everyone knows I swap parts between Pietta Navy .36 "type" guns to create many variations that Pietta never produced.

As always, you show nice guns.

Regards,

Jim
We have met the enemy, and they is us. Pogo

Offline Hawg

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: December 23, 2018, 05:13:46 PM »
I swap parts between Pietta Navy .36 "type" guns to create many variations that Pietta never produced.

Now that's saying something! *6'
Do not meddle in the affairs of dragons, for thou art crunchy and tasteth good with ketchup.

Offline ShotgunDave

• Gun Geezer
  • Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: December 23, 2018, 07:31:52 PM »
The long grip profile looks more like an 1860 Army, and nice wood BTW. And the nice wood leads me to ask:

Is it a parts gun?

To me, that is not a problem unless you are collecting exact replica guns. Everyone knows I swap parts between Pietta Navy .36 "type" guns to create many variations that Pietta never produced.

As always, you show nice guns.

Regards,

Jim

Thanks Jim. The grip is actually the same as a Pietta, as far as the dimensions. I think it looks longer in the photo because of the angle or something. I do see what you're seeing though. I'll have to take a better picture tomorrow and see if it looks any better. I also have a brand new Pietta Navy on it's way to me, as we speak. It should be on my doorstep Wednesday. Then we can do a side by side comparison.
-Abe Lincoln

Offline Hawg

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: December 23, 2018, 11:02:02 PM »
Hows the arbor length?

Offline ShotgunDave

• Gun Geezer
  • Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: December 24, 2018, 11:38:02 AM »
Hows the arbor length?

It's good Hawg. No binding of the cylinder. I'll have to get out the caliper and check it, to be 100%
-Abe Lincoln