Banner image by Mike116

Banner image by Mike116

Author Topic: May have been asked before  (Read 4673 times)

Offline Hawg

• Now you went and done it!!!
    • View Profile
Re: May have been asked before
« Reply #15 on: February 05, 2019, 12:23:03 PM »
Hi Hawg, frankly, I don't really know how stable is Pryodex with time. I just hate the stuff since it is erratic with ignition and choke on the smoke. I said what I said to get a rise out of you. I apologize.

Regards,
Richard

No need to apologize. I know I come off sounding like a smartass knowitall. I really don't intend to but I'm a sarcastic smartass in real life and it puts some people off. I just don't know how to turn it off. The only thing I had ignition problems with was my Sharps. It has two sharp bends in the ignition channel and a long way to go to get to the powder. It always went boom but had a delay like a poorly timed flintlock. I like the smell of real bp better but it grows on you. I'd rather shoot real bp and if it was available locally I would but since I'm not working anymore once I use the three pounds or so I have left there won't be any more. Used to be that wouldn't have lasted a week but now no more than I shoot it will last a good while. I've been using Pyrodex since it first came out and stuck with it mainly because of the price but it is a good powder for me. I don't have any issues with it. To me it's no worse than real black as far as rust and ease of cleaning go.
Do not meddle in the affairs of dragons, for thou art crunchy and tasteth good with ketchup.