Banner image by Mike116

Banner image by Mike116

Author Topic: cool find  (Read 2023 times)

Offline Hawg

• Now you went and done it!!!
    • View Profile
cool find
« on: October 07, 2022, 11:24:05 PM »
For me anyway. I went to the old house today and found a couple of boxes I didn't remember. Amongst the stuff in them was this tin of Remington caps. I had to have bought them in the early 70's. No later than 75. It still has caps in it but the lid has been pushed down on one side and I can't open it.

Do not meddle in the affairs of dragons, for thou art crunchy and tasteth good with ketchup.

Offline Sooty Barrels

• View Profile
Re: cool find
« Reply #1 on: October 08, 2022, 04:38:52 AM »
Agreed 👍 that is a good find

Offline Zulch

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: October 08, 2022, 07:05:43 AM »
That’s neat Hawg!  :cowboypistol:

Offline mike116

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
    • LeathersmithMike.net
« Reply #3 on: October 08, 2022, 07:14:27 AM »
I have a couple of those but it's way cooler that you bought it new.   I got mine in a box full of other stuff I bought.

Offline Miguel Loco

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: October 08, 2022, 11:05:07 AM »
That's cool! What else did you find in that box?
"a dios rogando y con el mazo dando...y un buen cigarro"
-Mick

Offline ShotgunDave

• Gun Geezer
  • Administrator
  • Black Powder Aficionado
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: October 08, 2022, 11:23:28 AM »
That's way cool Hawg. And I agree with Mike, it's even cooler that you bought them new.
"Never trust an actor with a gun."
-Abe Lincoln

Offline Hawg

• Now you went and done it!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: October 08, 2022, 02:30:55 PM »
That's cool! What else did you find in that box?

Just odd and ends I packed up in a hurry when me and my first wife split. Mostly old papers. My first social security card that's barely readable. There was an old fly tying kit I haven't used since the 90's but I tied a buttload of them. I was still using flies I tied with it in 05. Some metal Harley and ammo signs. Some framed Civil War prints. You know the kind they sell in souvenir shops but they had turned black with age. Four Mardi Gras parade doubloons from 95, a roll of acid core solder and a little key chain knife that works like a box cutter. On the other hand and I don't know why I did it but I opened my moms closet. Its still full of her clothes on hangers and a couple of garbage bags full on the floor. I spotted the corner of one of my metal detectors arm brace behind the clothes. I thought they had been looted. I knew I brought them up when I moved but haven't seen them in almost five years. I searched everywhere and couldn't find them. I don't know why I would have put them in there. Kathy said she may have done it. I dunno but I'm glad they were there.
Do not meddle in the affairs of dragons, for thou art crunchy and tasteth good with ketchup.