Banner image by Mike116

Banner image by Mike116

Author Topic: rebirth of a 2nd Gen 1861 Navy  (Read 3412 times)

Offline Fingers McGee

• Branson State Match, 2009
    • View Profile
    • Central Ozarks Western Shooters
rebirth of a 2nd Gen 1861 Navy
« on: July 24, 2014, 04:54:23 PM »
I have a 2nd Gen '61 Navy that had been used for CAS for a few years (3 or 4?) and had begun having some problems with spitting the wedge out.  Turns out the arbor was a little soft and was bulging at the wedge slot. I had retired this revolver with the intent of getting it fixed some day.  Then along came 45 Dragoon with his goonerization process that sounded like just the ticket.  So, the Navy got sent off to the goonerizing facility for upgrade.

The newly goonerized Navy returned home on Monday this week and had a few rounds put through it.  All I can say at this point is  -yahoo-   ;wave*  ;youdaman*   There aren't enough o's in smooooooooth to describe it. 

Will be putting it through a complete CAS match this weekend.  A full report will be posted next week.

I've got a Uberti '61 Navy that has been used in CAS competition for about 7 years that is about worn out that I think is the next recipient of a goonerization.
Fingers (Show Me MO smoke) McGee - AKA Man of Many Colts; SASS 28564-L-TG, rangemaster and stage writer extraordinaire; Frontiersman/Pistoleer, NRA Endowment Life, Central Ozarks Western Shooters
Cynic: A blackguard whose faulty vision sees things as they are, not as they should be.  Ambrose Bierce

Offline Captainkirk

• Administrator Extraordinaire and Part-Time Gunslinger
  • Administrator
  • "Never said I didn't know how to use it" M.Quigley
    • View Profile
Re: rebirth of a 2nd Gen 1861 Navy
« Reply #1 on: July 24, 2014, 09:09:26 PM »
Good to know, Fingers. I have an Army that's gettin' Full Metal Goonzo'd real soon.
"You gonna pull those pistols, or whistle Dixie?"

Offline shooter13

• View Profile
Re: rebirth of a 2nd Gen 1861 Navy
« Reply #2 on: May 10, 2015, 10:33:21 PM »
I've got a 2nd generation #2 Dragoon that was completely unfired and a bit in pieces that I sent off to Mike to get goonerized. He put itall back together and called me to tell me that I'm going to have one heck of a beautiful pistol once he's done with it. I can't wait!