Banner image by Mike116

Banner image by Mike116

Author Topic: What did you do today  (Read 353329 times)

Offline Mad Dog Stafford

• View Profile
Re: What did you do today?
« Reply #135 on: August 09, 2015, 08:43:05 AM »
Just watered the peach tree.

I have so much stuff to do...I just don't know where to start!  *6'

Offline Electric Miner

• View Profile
« Reply #136 on: August 09, 2015, 10:02:45 AM »
Doing smoker tests today. Trying my new smoker mod with different woods to decide what I'm cold smoking bacon with tomorrow. Also want to see what the internal temp of the main smoker box gets to while using just the small smoke box to generate smoke, with no heat turned on in the main smoker box.

Did that make sense?

Offline G Dog

• View Profile
« Reply #137 on: August 09, 2015, 04:02:56 PM »
Yes EM, perfect sense. 

Congrats Mazo on your granddaughter’s marriage, sounds like a very nice wedding.

Mad Dog, you have been know to water your trees with various and sundry liquids, hope it was nice fresh water this time.  Peach trees are cool.
"Tolerance is the last virtue of a dying society."
                                                   --   Aristotle

Offline Mad Dog Stafford

• View Profile
« Reply #138 on: August 10, 2015, 12:47:23 PM »
Heh! Well, I did pour some pee on the peach tree.  :-H

Offline Captainkirk

• Administrator Extraordinaire and Part-Time Gunslinger
  • Administrator
  • "Never said I didn't know how to use it" M.Quigley
    • View Profile
« Reply #139 on: August 10, 2015, 06:40:10 PM »
My grand daughter was married yesterday in an outdoor ceremony. The locale was beautiful, on the groom's grandmother's farm. It has 7+ acres of prairie flower gardens with Blue Mounds in the background. Rain went around us....good news was that we got 1/4" of rain at home, 18 miles away. First of our grand children to be married, 10 to go!
Congrats, Mazo! (7&
"You gonna pull those pistols, or whistle Dixie?"

Offline Pat/Rick

• View Profile
« Reply #140 on: August 10, 2015, 09:53:23 PM »
Filled a gallon pail with tomato's from the garden, cut another vent into the goat house. Been busy canning, put up 49 half pints of blackberry jelly the other day. Started picking up walnuts today as well, the shells are hardening up nicely. They're hanging in a mesh bag on the back porch to finish off.

Gotta start getting firewood, then, start drying apples and pears. Before I know it, it will be hunting and mushroom season!
« Last Edit: August 10, 2015, 09:56:24 PM by Pat/Rick »

Offline Electric Miner

• View Profile
« Reply #141 on: August 11, 2015, 06:41:40 AM »
Cool. We just have peppers and tomatoes this year.

Gotta learn to cook bacon again. This homemade stuff doesn't cook like the store bought kind.

Offline Mad Dog Stafford

• View Profile
« Reply #142 on: August 11, 2015, 09:16:31 AM »
Well, so far...we are getting ready to take Max to school. He is going in 6th grade. Max has to go in at 12:00 noon, to get his picture ID made. Then about 6pm Max will go back and see all his classes and stuff.

Offline Electric Miner

• View Profile
« Reply #143 on: August 11, 2015, 05:13:24 PM »
Packing my crap to head back to work for five days. Should be answering trouble calls this week, assuming we haven't had anyone else get fired, quit, or break various pieces of their bodies (which is a story of a complete pinhead in action all on it's own.)

Offline StrawHat

• View Profile
« Reply #144 on: August 12, 2015, 03:47:54 AM »
I had a long day yesterday.  Spent 9 hours sharpening!  Most days I sharpen for about 3 hours.  Lots of folks decided to come see me and I like that.  It pays the bills.

Kevin
Knowledge carried to the grave unshared, is wasted.

www.NoonSharpening.com

Offline sltm1

• View Profile
« Reply #145 on: August 12, 2015, 07:39:14 AM »
Made this "grand-kid's" chair for the back of my atv. I promised all 3 rides when the come visit next month.

Offline Captainkirk

• Administrator Extraordinaire and Part-Time Gunslinger
  • Administrator
  • "Never said I didn't know how to use it" M.Quigley
    • View Profile
« Reply #146 on: August 12, 2015, 08:18:32 AM »
Nice pillion seat!
"You gonna pull those pistols, or whistle Dixie?"

Offline Mad Dog Stafford

• View Profile
« Reply #147 on: August 12, 2015, 08:55:38 AM »
Speaking of atvs, about a couple months ago...there was a woman with two young kids riding a atv. One of the front wheels camo off. They were on a black top road. This was out of Portageville about 5 miles. Wheel came off, flipped head over. The lady was about 30 years old. Snapped her neck. She was dead on the spot. The youngest girl was found in the ditch dead, she was about 4 years old. And other girl was found alive with both arms broken and one leg broken, she was about 6 years old. Police said that the lady was going pretty fast on that road. About 50 mph. No helmets on any one. It's a shame this happened.
I'm very careful when I ride with Kimmy or Max on my atv.

Offline sltm1

• View Profile
« Reply #148 on: August 12, 2015, 09:11:18 AM »
At 66 I'm real savvy with horses and motorcycles, ATV's not at all, just got it last Fall. I had to ride it to town to go get a blade mount put on and at 45 mph on pavement it's like driving a clown car on balloon tires!! An old friend of mind died in an accident on his ATV 2 years ago. He had just had his back surgery,  was planning his 1st hunting trip in 5 years, was toolin' down a back road here, a dog ran in front of him and he swerved to miss it and broke his neck in the process. So, point taken!!!

Captainkirk, I'm thinking it would be a great seat to mount a gun turret in front of for the coming zombie apocalypse *6'
Havta modify the handle bars etc put it could work well!!
« Last Edit: August 12, 2015, 09:14:49 AM by sltm1 »

Offline G Dog

• View Profile
« Reply #149 on: August 12, 2015, 11:17:41 PM »
Got up with the birds, made coffee and ruminated on the fate of Western Civilization while I leisurely regained consciousness.  Showered and skipped a shave. Typed up and printed a couple of Orders to Show Cause and a Motion for a More Definite Statement for some folks that want to evade my last set of Interrogatories (Discovery process).  Shop stuff.  Posted over at ’58 since I’m on the computer anyway and when I go back to business my ducks are magically in a row cause the ol brain was at work on business without me even knowing it was.   Made some business phone calls to L.A., Colorado and the East Coast.  Posted some more and got into a dust up with a member (probably a good guy, won’t hear a word against him) about DA’s being slackers and useless (imagine my consternation, poor me) until Classanr stepped  in with a good joke about The Judgment being EveryThing  was My Fault with a picture of a hitch hiking escapee convict and so defused that; often the smartest guy in the room, Classanr.  A highly developed sense of humor which is to say he can be insightful and funny as hell at the same time; a rare talent. This is a good chance to talk behind his back. Handled and buffed on a Colt repro.  and shot some sling shot marbles at a herd of turkeys trying to tear up my grass and was going to do another piece of work but just said screw it and got on my trusty mountain bike and coasted into town.  Had another coffee and a big oatmeal raison cookie and half way up the hill hooked a ride the rest of the way home in a nice lady friend's P/U.  Read up at 58 again and here then grilled up some chicken chest and had a pretty standard day … and a good one. Most of mine are.  I’m like many of the boys here, never ever bored.  There is always something to do that is either productive or fun and usually both.

At night I have been reading Noah Andre Trudeau’s Gettysburg.  That’s a good book. 

I know I’ve been going on like Johnnie and well,  that’s about it.
« Last Edit: August 12, 2015, 11:44:03 PM by G Dog »
"Tolerance is the last virtue of a dying society."
                                                   --   Aristotle