Banner image by Mike116

Banner image by Mike116

Author Topic: What did you do today  (Read 349766 times)

Offline Clydesdale4x4

• View Profile
Re: What did you do today
« Reply #1755 on: December 29, 2021, 02:48:04 AM »
When Matt hired me, we were discussing his 5 truck purchases, and he had made a comment about "if I were a rich man, we'd all drive W900L's".

Well, he got one for Christmas. The Graphics shop we use, came to play, Buddy of mine in North Idaho, came to play, (Blue Pine is soooo sexy, somewhere I have two blocks for '58 grips), like this literally took a village.

these are tiny and saved from Messenger, we'll try the attachment route again...

Went ahead and attached Lady Liberty, also saved from messenger, that's the actual print.
the Point of the close-up is not the effed-up trailer wheel, but rather the reflection of the board.

When I presented, and gave the little speech I did at the Company Christmas party, he teared up.

Offline Clydesdale4x4

• View Profile
« Reply #1756 on: December 29, 2021, 02:52:04 AM »
Annnnd then, for the final installment of my Christmas Holiday, I dropped my wallet at a truck stop, finishing up the honey do list I had mentioned earlier.
In the true spirit of the season, a fellow CMV driver found it, kept it, and then proceeded to use my credit cards.
Bless his Heart, (I'm in Nashville as I type this, so YES, that was meant with a southern inflection)

Offline Miguel Loco

• View Profile
« Reply #1757 on: December 29, 2021, 01:40:35 PM »
Got my Dakota Digital cruise control for the El Camino today. Got the day set aside tomorrow to get it in. Should be a fairly big job.....not looking forward to it....but I am looking forward to having it in and working.

2 more knife sheaths finished....6 more to go. If Dave still has that '51 Navy when I get paid, I'll be all over it. Can't wait to get back into making holsters.....so much easier!
"a dios rogando y con el mazo dando...y un buen cigarro"
-Mick

Offline ShotgunDave

• Gun Geezer
  • Administrator
  • Black Powder Aficionado
    • View Profile
« Reply #1758 on: December 29, 2021, 03:07:52 PM »
Got my Dakota Digital cruise control for the El Camino today. Got the day set aside tomorrow to get it in. Should be a fairly big job.....not looking forward to it....but I am looking forward to having it in and working.

2 more knife sheaths finished....6 more to go. If Dave still has that '51 Navy when I get paid, I'll be all over it. Can't wait to get back into making holsters.....so much easier!

I'm sure it will still be here Mick!
"Never trust an actor with a gun."
-Abe Lincoln

Offline G Dog

• View Profile
« Reply #1759 on: December 29, 2021, 04:00:04 PM »
Looking at checking into a rehab facility to help me kick eggnog and Christmas cookies.

)%g
"Tolerance is the last virtue of a dying society."
                                                   --   Aristotle

Offline Zulch

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #1760 on: December 29, 2021, 04:02:25 PM »
G Dog... Sounds like a plan.... All the sweets are also running up my dental bill. Maybe I should do the same. 

Offline Captainkirk

• Administrator Extraordinaire and Part-Time Gunslinger
  • Administrator
  • "Never said I didn't know how to use it" M.Quigley
    • View Profile
« Reply #1761 on: December 29, 2021, 04:27:18 PM »
G...do they accept caramel popcorn addictions there?
"You gonna pull those pistols, or whistle Dixie?"

Offline ShotgunDave

• Gun Geezer
  • Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #1762 on: December 29, 2021, 05:25:07 PM »
Looking at checking into a rehab facility to help me kick eggnog and Christmas cookies.

)%g

Maybe they'll give us a group discount?
-Abe Lincoln

Offline Hawg

• Now you went and done it!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #1763 on: December 29, 2021, 06:39:39 PM »
We're planning on moving next month. My old 98 Chevy pickup has been sitting for the better part of three years. I'd go out now and then and start it up. It's turned green and black and had weeds and a small tree growing in the bed. It was a nice day today so I decided to start cleaning it up. I started it up and it immediately died. Start it up and it dies. I did that about 10 times. Well I got out my code reader and it came out as MASS airflow low input. I unplugged the sensor and same thing. I was racking my brain trying to figure out what the problem was. I had just started it up last month and it ran ok. I didn't want to replace the MASS sensor. Those things are something like 80.00. Well I went out and pulled the air filter off and tried it. It started right up and purred like a dinosaur. I didn't really think that was the problem but I put a new filter in it anyway. I figured even with the new filter it wasn't going to run with it installed but it did. Even the code went away. First time I've seen an enclosed air filter get clogged from sitting up. :icon_scratch:
Do not meddle in the affairs of dragons, for thou art crunchy and tasteth good with ketchup.

Offline Zulch

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #1764 on: December 30, 2021, 04:25:23 AM »
That’s great news Hawg😁 I’m happy that worked out for you. It’s great when things work out positive.

Offline Miguel Loco

• View Profile
« Reply #1765 on: December 30, 2021, 06:49:11 AM »
Gotta love a cheap fix!
"a dios rogando y con el mazo dando...y un buen cigarro"
-Mick

Offline ShotgunDave

• Gun Geezer
  • Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #1766 on: December 30, 2021, 08:26:47 AM »
No sign of mice? Maybe they built a nest in the inlet?
-Abe Lincoln

Offline Hawg

• Now you went and done it!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #1767 on: December 30, 2021, 10:00:32 AM »

No mice, nothing.
Do not meddle in the affairs of dragons, for thou art crunchy and tasteth good with ketchup.

Offline ShotgunDave

• Gun Geezer
  • Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #1768 on: December 30, 2021, 10:35:51 AM »

No mice, nothing.

Very strange.

At least it works now.
-Abe Lincoln

Offline Marshal Will

• Global Moderator
  • Smile, it makes people wonder what you're up to.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1769 on: December 30, 2021, 12:30:35 PM »
Hey, Hawg. That mass airflow sensor might need to be replaced. For what it's worth, you may want to think about spending that $80. If one fails it may not show anything on scans. I just had one go out in our 2003 National RV motorhome with a Chevy Workhorse engine. It ran lean and burned a hole in one of the pistons. The engine overhaul cost $18K. Plus another $3K just to have it towed to the shop. I'll put a new one in every 5 years from now on whether it needs one or not.