Banner image by Mike116

Banner image by Mike116

Author Topic: What did you do today  (Read 349762 times)

Offline Bishop Creek

• View Profile
Re: What did you do today
« Reply #2100 on: January 30, 2023, 12:44:15 PM »
And this, here California's High Sierra.
My biggest concern is that when I pass away, my wife will sell my guns for what I told her I paid for them.

Offline Hawg

• Now you went and done it!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #2101 on: January 30, 2023, 01:21:48 PM »
Meanwhile in East Mississippi.

Do not meddle in the affairs of dragons, for thou art crunchy and tasteth good with ketchup.

Offline Miguel Loco

• View Profile
« Reply #2102 on: January 30, 2023, 01:57:48 PM »
OOooohhhhh.....I don't think I'd like that!
"a dios rogando y con el mazo dando...y un buen cigarro"
-Mick

Offline G Dog

• View Profile
« Reply #2103 on: January 30, 2023, 09:03:28 PM »
I’ve seen it snow in Tucson, a couple of times.  Not what you’d normally expect but deserts can get pretty cold.
"Tolerance is the last virtue of a dying society."
                                                   --   Aristotle

Offline Miguel Loco

• View Profile
« Reply #2104 on: January 31, 2023, 06:17:25 AM »
This is the first year we haven't seen it here in Tucson.....yet.... Tombstone got some that actually stayed almost 24 hours in the shady areas. The desert is beautiful with a light blanket of snow.....and it's usually all gone on a couple of hours, that's the best part. Still snow in the mountains.....and it can stay there. If I need to see it, I'll just take the 45 minute drive to check it out. But it usually looks good enough from my back patio. :)
-Mick

Offline Zulch

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #2105 on: January 31, 2023, 06:23:55 AM »
This is the first year we haven't seen it here in Tucson.....yet.... Tombstone got some that actually stayed almost 24 hours in the shady areas. The desert is beautiful with a light blanket of snow.....and it's usually all gone on a couple of hours, that's the best part. Still snow in the mountains.....and it can stay there. If I need to see it, I'll just take the 45 minute drive to check it out. But it usually looks good enough from my back patio. :)
Nice Mick, You may have just guaranteed you will have snow. Winter isn't over.....yet?  L@J

Offline Zulch

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #2106 on: January 31, 2023, 06:25:04 AM »
Meanwhile in East Mississippi.

That's a nice looking picture Hawg. You have a nice front yard.

Offline Hawg

• Now you went and done it!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #2107 on: January 31, 2023, 08:14:42 AM »
Thanks Z.
Do not meddle in the affairs of dragons, for thou art crunchy and tasteth good with ketchup.

Offline Miguel Loco

• View Profile
« Reply #2108 on: February 01, 2023, 10:02:29 AM »
Nice Mick, You may have just guaranteed you will have snow. Winter isn't over.....yet?  L@J

Probably will...... it snowed on Valentines day a few years ago.....but for now, the leaves are all still on the Mesquite tree.
-Mick

Offline Clydesdale4x4

• View Profile
« Reply #2109 on: March 10, 2023, 12:19:45 AM »
this almost could be a whole new thread. But... here goes. Week and a half ago, as I am trying to close on a local bartender, (easy fellas, I have 2 months work in on Krystal, she's amazing, and we click... this isn't gonna be another notch in the handle on my '58. H'ain't been loved in 6 years, I'm ready, and she's as LTR minded as I am) the estranged dies. Get a text at last call, "Jennifer died tonight"

WTF? She was 36, no logic here, except that there are conspiracy theories, but I'll wait for the tox screen to go down those rabbit holes.
She had just lived her best day ever, that day. Went flying with her boyfriend twice, and then sledding in the high country of Twin Falls, and then died in the middle of love's embrace... (7+" (7+"
We were done, I had severed emotional ties, the passing still has some gravity, 4 shared kids, 1/3 of my life was spent with her (51 now, we were involved in some fashion for 15.5 years).

Here is the point of the thread.

I re-inherited the CZ-52 she bought me in 2014, and wouldn't give up in 2022, when we separated belongings.

Do I rebarrel to 9mm, since the hotter and Kevlar piercing Czech ammo is not available, and 9mm, unless I buy the good stuff, is half the cost for shooting?
I still have the 7.62x25 parts, etc.

Or do I deal with the cost of the Yugo milsurp with Bergden primers because "as designed, is as designed"...?
« Last Edit: March 10, 2023, 08:37:10 AM by Clydesdale4x4 »

Offline Clydesdale4x4

• View Profile
« Reply #2110 on: March 10, 2023, 12:20:19 AM »
Oh Hey! Banner photo was changed...! Yay!

Offline Zulch

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #2111 on: March 10, 2023, 05:16:00 AM »
Hey Clyde!! I just noticed the banner after I read your post (7+" (7+"

Offline Zulch

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #2112 on: March 10, 2023, 01:08:23 PM »
 :icon_scratch:

Offline Baron Von Kesselwalker

• View Profile
« Reply #2113 on: March 10, 2023, 05:25:49 PM »
walked dawgs ,have a 3 legged 1 we r dog sitting, several times during day . tuckers me out . lunch - added some air to a slow leaker tire.  awaiting some kind of spring weather with consistency .

Offline Dave Shooter

• View Profile
« Reply #2114 on: March 11, 2023, 09:18:39 AM »
Flying home from Utah.
Happily Retired USAF ossifer
Engineer?
Shooter of questionable skill...
Unabashed patriot!