Banner image by Mike116

Banner image by Mike116

Author Topic: What did you do today  (Read 346853 times)

Offline G Dog

• View Profile
Re: What did you do today
« Reply #2220 on: September 18, 2023, 07:19:49 PM »
just in:  Our gay-tranny military can’t find their F-35 and want you to help look for it.  Anybody seen one lying around somewhere?
"Tolerance is the last virtue of a dying society."
                                                   --   Aristotle

Offline Captainkirk

• Administrator Extraordinaire and Part-Time Gunslinger
  • Administrator
  • "Never said I didn't know how to use it" M.Quigley
    • View Profile
« Reply #2221 on: September 18, 2023, 08:16:08 PM »
just in:  Our gay-tranny military can’t find their F-35 and want you to help look for it.  Anybody seen one lying around somewhere?

Oh, ummm... :-[

I borrowed it to my Russian friend. He promised not to fly it. Said he just wanted to build a scale 'model' and promised to return it promptly as soon as he was finished.
"You gonna pull those pistols, or whistle Dixie?"

Offline Captainkirk

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #2222 on: September 19, 2023, 09:48:32 AM »
Looks like they found it. It was hiding inside a smoking hole.

Offline Hawg

• Now you went and done it!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #2223 on: September 19, 2023, 12:39:59 PM »
Two hours north of the base. They're not saying why the pilot bailed. Do military fighters have autopilot?
Do not meddle in the affairs of dragons, for thou art crunchy and tasteth good with ketchup.

Offline Dave Shooter

• View Profile
« Reply #2224 on: September 19, 2023, 03:31:13 PM »
Two hours north of the base. They're not saying why the pilot bailed. Do military fighters have autopilot?

Can't speak to the F-35.  F-15s do not.  F-16s have computer damping of control surfaces; it's not an autopilot per se but allows it to be flyable.  16s are, by design, quite unstable; it's one of the reasons they're so maneuverable.
Happily Retired USAF ossifer
Engineer?
Shooter of questionable skill...
Unabashed patriot!

Offline StrawHat

• View Profile
« Reply #2225 on: September 24, 2023, 06:22:57 AM »
So, we added a roof over our deck converting it to a porch.  The crew building it stepped it down, as we asked, from the existing roof. We prefer that look as it seems whenever trying to match the existing lines, the results are noticeable. There was existing vinyl soffiting under the gable end. This was left in place, again our decision.  Turns out we did NOT like that look so had brown metal soffiting installed to hide it.  The metal soffiting, I have long maintained if you say, “… we will get used to it…” you won’t.  We did not so I tore it down and the vinyl also.  It was my intention to use up 40 feet of the rough sawn 1x4 to trim under the roof, 1/2 day at most.  Yeah, right.  First, having traveled around the sun 68 times, I can no longer scramble up and down ladders like when I did it for a living 20 years ago.  And then the new rafter was 9” away from the gable, too tight for my nail gun so everything got hung with screws. Ouch, my torn rotator reminded me I should not use the screw gun above my head.  The wood siding on the gable end was a little short of the roof sheathing.  Also a little short of my 1x4!  So, another run of trim under the first row.  So, long story short, between all the goof ups, fetching tools, making saw cuts (only two had to be recut!) etc. what should have been 1/2 day turned into two days. Now, we wait for the painter. 

Kevin
Knowledge carried to the grave unshared, is wasted.

www.NoonSharpening.com

Offline G Dog

• View Profile
« Reply #2226 on: September 24, 2023, 02:01:18 PM »
It’s great that you have the ability and gear and experience to do a job like that.  I have to just hire that sort of thing done.  I’d put those darn Amish on a piece of work like that but we ain’t got none of them around here.
                                                   --   Aristotle

Offline G Dog

• View Profile
« Reply #2227 on: September 24, 2023, 05:40:36 PM »
Not exactly what you’d call a going concern, here lately.
Is it?

Did everybody die or just take up knitting?
                                                   --   Aristotle

Offline Captainkirk

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #2228 on: September 24, 2023, 05:58:34 PM »
Not exactly what you’d call a going concern, here lately.
Is it?

Did everybody die or just take up knitting?

Best I can figure, everyone's hunkered down in their basement waiting for Bidenomics to go away. That's no excuse for not posting, though. You can still get wifi in the basement.

Offline G Dog

• View Profile
« Reply #2229 on: September 24, 2023, 07:53:38 PM »
Yea, Bidenomics. It’s intentional.  Can’t screw things   up this bad unless ya mean to.  Not even Them.  Hard to fix before next year.  But hey, in the mean time we could put together a posse with the boys and go secure the Southern Boarder. No one else seems interested.
When I read about what’s been going on down there I just want to scream & cry, tear my hair out, chew nails.  I don’t evern  know.  It’s a “thing” with me.

Oh yea, went shooting, again.  Second time since Wednesday.  Those coffee cans don’t stand a Chinaman’s chance.  I ain’t over C&B pistols by a long shot (pun intended).  At this point it’s looking to be a life long interest.  Ya think?  I’ll go out at least once a week - usually more.  Haven’t shot a modern firearm in six months. 

Hope everybody is OK.  Best wishes to all.
                                                   --   Aristotle

Offline Len

• View Profile
« Reply #2230 on: September 25, 2023, 08:14:02 AM »
next
« Last Edit: September 25, 2023, 08:26:19 AM by Len »

Offline Len

• View Profile
« Reply #2231 on: September 25, 2023, 08:24:43 AM »
I mended a fence.
Wife had looked forward to pick our raspberries (after a hospital séjour). When she set out to the back garden to do so, all was already picked. Someone (I know who) had first crossed the neighbor's back garden to get thru our fence (earlier horse fence). I have heard it said, that about 25% of every population is dumb and you can't cure stupid. Next year the fence will be electrified again.

Offline Captainkirk

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #2232 on: September 25, 2023, 08:58:33 AM »
25%...you're being a mite generous there. It has to be much closer to 50% in my book.

Offline Captainkirk

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #2233 on: September 25, 2023, 09:04:39 AM »
Oh yea, went shooting, again.  Second time since Wednesday.  Those coffee cans don’t stand a Chinaman’s chance.  I ain’t over C&B pistols by a long shot (pun intended).  At this point it’s looking to be a life long interest.  Ya think?  I’ll go out at least once a week - usually more.  Haven’t shot a modern firearm in six months. 

It appears there are those that BP is a "thing". For some of us, it's most definitely become a lifelong obsession. Problem with the first group is once they've cleaned a few BP guns, they decide it's no longer a "thing". Hence, the crickets.

Offline Hawg

• Now you went and done it!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #2234 on: September 25, 2023, 09:17:55 AM »
It appears there are those that BP is a "thing". For some of us, it's most definitely become a lifelong obsession. Problem with the first group is once they've cleaned a few BP guns, they decide it's no longer a "thing". Hence, the crickets.

The ones of us that truly love the stuff are getting fewer and fewer. Most younger people are only interested in AR's and wonder 9's.
Do not meddle in the affairs of dragons, for thou art crunchy and tasteth good with ketchup.