Banner image by Mike116

Banner image by Mike116

Author Topic: DoubleDeuce1 has a Patterson!  (Read 14514 times)

Offline DoubleDeuce1

• View Profile
Re: DoubleDeuce1 has a Patterson!
« Reply #15 on: January 31, 2016, 11:45:30 AM »
I wish I knew more about photography. These will have to do. 8)

Offline Mad Dog Stafford

• View Profile
« Reply #16 on: January 31, 2016, 12:01:05 PM »
That pistol is so nice!  L@.

Offline StrawHat

• View Profile
« Reply #17 on: January 31, 2016, 12:43:02 PM »
I can't believe I did this... Thanks Kevin!!! (*3 &\? )l_

Ironic, if you think about it.   The one person who was having trouble posting photos was able to help another members learn how to post photos!

Kevin
Knowledge carried to the grave unshared, is wasted.

www.NoonSharpening.com

Offline Bishop Creek

• View Profile
« Reply #18 on: January 31, 2016, 12:44:59 PM »
Ah, a Signature Series Paterson. If I recall, those were going for around $1,200 new in the late '90s.
My biggest concern is that when I pass away, my wife will sell my guns for what I told her I paid for them.

Offline DoubleDeuce1

• View Profile
« Reply #19 on: January 31, 2016, 11:52:40 PM »
Bishop,
I looked up the down payment price for the engraved Paterson in my 1998 Colt catalog...  The 50% required down payment, just to start the work on the order was ( are you holding onto your hat?) $1,497.50. Total price was $2,995.00. According to the catalog, the revolvers were all engraved by hand. The gold on the revolver is applied by hand and not that electro plating or rolled plating thin stuff. It really is a piece of art.

Of the Signature Series Colts, only two models did not have the Samuel Colt signature on the back strap. One was the Deluxe Paterson (engraved), and I forgot the other model.

I think I saw somewhere that there was also a plain version of the Paterson produced by Colt/ Signature Series. 8)

Offline LonesomePigeon

• View Profile
« Reply #20 on: February 14, 2016, 08:11:42 PM »
The engraved Sig Series is fantastic! The Uberti is verrry nice too. Have you shot the Uberti yet?

There was also a plain blue, non-engraved Sig Series Paterson with 7 1/2" barrel and loading lever. Barrel address reads "Patent Arms Mfg. Co. Paterson, N.J. Colts Pt." and there is no "Sam Colt" signature on the backstrap. MSRP was $1,200 and it was only available in 2002.

On the engraved version the initial MSRP in 1998 was $2,995 but the final MSRP in the 2002 catalogue was $4,500!!!

This info is all taken from Dennis Russell's 6th edition guide to Colt percussion revolvers.

Offline DoubleDeuce1

• View Profile
« Reply #21 on: February 14, 2016, 08:42:26 PM »
No, I haven't shot the Uberti version yet. I do intend to. There is something about those early designs that draw me in. 8)

Offline Captainkirk

• Administrator Extraordinaire and Part-Time Gunslinger
  • Administrator
  • "Never said I didn't know how to use it" M.Quigley
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: March 15, 2016, 12:39:15 PM »
DD;
If you have your image stored on an image hosting site, most of them have an Image Code (or IMG) that you can copy, then paste in the text box underneath your text. This allows your image to appear in the post rather than an attachment and in full size as well. Nobody wants to look at dinky pictures of a Paterson!!!! (7+"

« Last Edit: March 15, 2016, 12:41:04 PM by Captainkirk »
"You gonna pull those pistols, or whistle Dixie?"

Offline DoubleDeuce1

• View Profile
« Reply #23 on: March 15, 2016, 01:42:46 PM »
Dear Captain,

You are speaking Greek to a Neanderthal.  My daughter helped me a couple of times. I had to write down everything she told me, and I did it in really large letters and used crayons. That worked one time. Then she had to go to school, or was playing on the softball team and couldn't get home when I needed her. So, I resorted to my Crayola instruction book. I failed miserably... When she got home, she explained things again to me  J*j  It didn't take.

StrawHat helped me. I followed his instructions to the letter. I even wrote them down, again, using really big letters. That time I used a Dixon Ticonderoga #2 soft lead pencil. I think I was able to put something up one time. And then... History repeats itself  J*j  ^j)

I have not given up in this endeavor. I am certain I will be an accomplished picture put 'er upper well before man ever walks on the moon... Wait a minute, I think that might have already happened. Never mind...  8)
« Last Edit: March 15, 2016, 01:58:17 PM by DoubleDeuce1 »

Offline DoubleDeuce1

• View Profile
« Reply #24 on: March 15, 2016, 01:57:47 PM »
LonesomePigeon,

I found one of those 'plain' Colt Paterson revolvers for sale. It was not engraved and unfired. It was in pristine condition. It came with the original sales paper work listing the price for $1,225.00, or so. It went for a bit over $1,500.00. It was beautiful.  8)

Offline Captainkirk

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: March 15, 2016, 06:28:20 PM »
Dear Captain,

You are speaking Greek to a Neanderthal.  My daughter helped me a couple of times. I had to write down everything she told me, and I did it in really large letters and used crayons. That worked one time. Then she had to go to school, or was playing on the softball team and couldn't get home when I needed her. So, I resorted to my Crayola instruction book. I failed miserably... When she got home, she explained things again to me  J*j  It didn't take.

StrawHat helped me. I followed his instructions to the letter. I even wrote them down, again, using really big letters. That time I used a Dixon Ticonderoga #2 soft lead pencil. I think I was able to put something up one time. And then... History repeats itself  J*j  ^j)

I have not given up in this endeavor. I am certain I will be an accomplished picture put 'er upper well before man ever walks on the moon... Wait a minute, I think that might have already happened. Never mind...  8)
Not so far from neanderthal myownself. Cro-magnon, perhaps...
Let's start from the beginning. We can do this.....
We will take it one step at a time.
1) Are your photos stored on an on-line site or your computer?

Offline DoubleDeuce1

• View Profile
« Reply #26 on: March 16, 2016, 01:33:56 PM »
Dear Captain,

The absolute honest answer to your question is "Yes". Another absolute honest answer is..."I don't know". J*j
I had a photo bucket deal, but it got complicated to say the least...
I have pictures on my computer, I know I do. I run across them on occasion. But don't ask me how I find them because I don't know. And for the most part, I don't even know how the pictures got there in the first place. ^j)

I am resigned to the fact that I am beyond flashes of brilliance. I suppose I can thank a touch of 'chemo brain' for that. I have accepted my shortcomings and look forward to occasional brushes with 'dumb luck'. L@J  8)

Offline Captainkirk

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: March 16, 2016, 01:46:10 PM »
Photobucket has gone from bad to nightmarish.
I would suggest opening an album at Flickr (Yahoo). I use that and it is quite simple and easy to use. I've heard others say Tinypic is good as well.
I have the Flickr app on my cell phone, which allows me, in a matter of seconds, to:
1) Snap a photo
2) Send it to the Flickr album of choice
3) Open my Flickr album and, yup...there it is!
4) Copy the image code and paste it in one of these here text boxes
5) Bang. You are seeing what I snapped a photo of 15 seconds ago. Scary to a dinosaur like me, but if I can do it, you can too.

See what I mean?

Offline Captainkirk

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: March 16, 2016, 01:50:41 PM »
BTW, not trying to be a grammar Nazi, but in case anyone is interested, the Paterson Colts are named after Paterson, New Jersey...pronounced "Patterson" but spelled "Paterson" (with one T)

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Paterson,_New_Jersey

If you don't care, then I don't either! ;)

Offline DoubleDeuce1

• View Profile
« Reply #29 on: March 16, 2016, 02:07:50 PM »
I promise I'll work on the photo stuff.  8)