Banner image by Mike116

Banner image by Mike116

Author Topic: Whhhhhh hoooo  (Read 9676 times)

Offline Bishop Creek

• View Profile
Re: Whhhhhh hoooo
« Reply #15 on: June 22, 2016, 06:51:35 PM »
Mark Whyte has been casting lead balls for Cowboy action shooters for years. He has .380 round lead balls at $18 for 250.

Click on "Big Lubes" on his home page.

http://www.whyteleatherworks.com/

My biggest concern is that when I pass away, my wife will sell my guns for what I told her I paid for them.

Offline ssb73q

• Gunsmoke junkie
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: June 23, 2016, 05:28:52 AM »
Sorry Richard.....The barrel /cylinder gap is nice and tight. It is not pie shaped . Should be good to go. Stormin like hell here today so it maybe Friday afore i can wring it out.

Hi Hawken, I still don't understand what you are telling me. My question is if changing the barrel wedge pressure on your 1851, does the Barrel/cylinder gap change with barrel wedge pressure.

What you are reporting would suggest a significant change for Uberti Colt manufacture. I am simply trying to determine if Uberti is now producing a correct arbor length.

Regards,
Richard
There’s nothing better in the morning than the smell of bacon and black powder smoke!

Offline HAWKEN50

• View Profile
« Reply #17 on: September 03, 2016, 08:34:43 AM »
Sorry ssb73q . missed your last post. The barrel cylinder gap is about the thickness of a credit card. The wedge dont affect it. Seems like Uberti got their act together on this un.

Offline ssb73q

• Gunsmoke junkie
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: September 03, 2016, 09:47:55 AM »
Hi Hawken, Whhhhhh hoooo is right if Uberti now does a correct arbor length on their revolvers!

Good for you and eventually for us.

Regards,
Richard
There’s nothing better in the morning than the smell of bacon and black powder smoke!

Offline GaryC

• View Profile
« Reply #19 on: September 03, 2016, 05:24:27 PM »
Wow.  I got an Uberty London in October 2015 new and I love it.  Bout the only issue was a short arbor.  Be great if they have fixed that.  I've put over 700 rounds thru it and it's holding up very well.