Banner image by Mike116

Banner image by Mike116

Author Topic: G&G On Sale  (Read 6558 times)

Offline Eric N.

• View Profile
G&G On Sale
« on: March 31, 2017, 03:54:52 PM »
At EMF.   $180, Is that a good deal? I don't know if that anything about them,but I have one. I just got an E-Mail from them.
The easy we make difficult,the difficult we make imposable.  Some days its so true.

Offline Fingers McGee

• Branson State Match, 2009
    • View Profile
    • Central Ozarks Western Shooters
Re: G&G On Sale
« Reply #1 on: March 31, 2017, 04:24:04 PM »
That's a good price. 
Fingers (Show Me MO smoke) McGee - AKA Man of Many Colts; SASS 28564-L-TG, rangemaster and stage writer extraordinaire; Frontiersman/Pistoleer, NRA Endowment Life, Central Ozarks Western Shooters
Cynic: A blackguard whose faulty vision sees things as they are, not as they should be.  Ambrose Bierce

Offline mike116

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
    • LeathersmithMike.net
« Reply #2 on: March 31, 2017, 04:25:54 PM »
I got that email too.   First thing I said was "that's a good price".   My wife was not impressed though.

Offline prof marvel

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: March 31, 2017, 10:27:41 PM »
now you made me go look ....

and i saw the engraved dance!

yhs
pf mvl

Offline G Dog

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: March 31, 2017, 11:29:27 PM »
Thanks Eric N. for mentioning this.   That's my idea of a 'hot tip'.  I'm going to do something about this.
"Tolerance is the last virtue of a dying society."
                                                   --   Aristotle

Offline Eric N.

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: April 01, 2017, 04:36:19 PM »
They just got a shipment from Pieatta,and another one coming at the end of this month. The one I am waiting for with the 1861 London Model Navy. The one with the square back trigger guard. If I get anymore E-Mail deals from them,I will post as soon as I can.   And your welcome!!
The easy we make difficult,the difficult we make imposable.  Some days its so true.

Offline Rebel Dave

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: April 01, 2017, 09:09:39 PM »
Well I went and ordered one. Couldn't resit.

Rebel Dave
Rebel Dave

Offline G Dog

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: April 01, 2017, 10:55:27 PM »
Well I went and ordered one. Couldn't resit.
Rebel Dave

Me too.  I couldn't resist either, not that I tried very hard.  Ordered one from Cabela's in Dec/Jan that was on sale.  First they back ordered it and then later canceled out of the whole deal.  This is my second chance at getting one at a good price.

Hey, Welcome to the Forum Rebel Dave.  Introduce yer-self over at New Members.  The boys here will want to say high.  Congratulations on your new purchase.  Great minds think alike, I guess.
                                                   --   Aristotle

Offline Daf57

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: April 02, 2017, 01:38:57 AM »
Grabbed one, too. Thanks for the heads up!  L@.

Hey question about EMF - first time I've ordered from them - order process seems to involve a phone call to inform of shipping charges and confirm the order... I can't say I've ever heard of that process before. I can't take calls at work, I hope I don't miss it. I would much prefer a simple online checkout. Is this normal for them?

Thanks all!
Daf

Offline ssb73q

• Gunsmoke junkie
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: April 02, 2017, 04:20:13 AM »
Hi Daf, see:

http://blackpowdersmoke.com/colt/index.php?topic=2178.msg21510#msg21510

Wait until to you see the EMF shipping charge.

I won't go anywhere near that company again.

Regards,
Richard
There’s nothing better in the morning than the smell of bacon and black powder smoke!

Offline Daf57

• View Profile
« Reply #10 on: April 02, 2017, 06:02:50 AM »
Hey thanks, Richard. I guess I'll wait and see what they have to say.

Offline Rebel Dave

• View Profile
« Reply #11 on: April 02, 2017, 12:15:36 PM »
Same here on the shipping charges, if its to outlandish, I'll Refuse it. Won't save anything if the charges are to high.
 Rebel Dave
Rebel Dave

Offline sourdough

• 1851 Navy Parts Changer
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: April 02, 2017, 02:49:03 PM »
Same here on the shipping charges, if its to outlandish, I'll Refuse it. Won't save anything if the charges are to high.
 Rebel Dave

Well, Dave, if the shipping charges are $30, you will still be better off than my $220 one from Cabela's with free shipping a while back (and they don't sell them anymore).

And I don't know of any other source for a NIB Pietta G&G, so I don't know of any savings there.
We have met the enemy, and they is us. Pogo

Offline sourdough

• 1851 Navy Parts Changer
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: April 02, 2017, 02:54:46 PM »
They just got a shipment from Pietta, and another one coming at the end of this month. The one I am waiting for with the 1861 London Model Navy. The one with the square back trigger guard. If I get anymore E-Mail deals from them, I will post as soon as I can. And you're welcome!!

I visited the EMF site http://www.emf-company.com/store/pc/1851-Models-c110.htm?pageStyle=p&ProdSort=&idCategory=110&viewAll=yes  and did not see an 1861 Navy Squareback, which is historically incorrect.   http://www.emf-company.com/store/pc/1861-Models-c185.htm

The only SB TG Navy I found there was an 1851 in .44 caliber (rebated cylinder/cut water table: EMF stock picture), which is also historically incorrect. That picture also exhibits the pre-2015 pistols with the "tail" grip profile, and I do not think that Pietta has produced a SB TG 1851 Navy since the 2014 [CM] date code. Also, all of EMF stock pictures concerning the Pietta 1851 Navy Models show the "tail" grip profile. I would check with them before putting any money on one, depending upon what you are looking for.

http://www.emf-company.com/store/pc/1851-Navy-London-Steel-c526.htm

IMO, do not despair if it is indeed a pre-2015 model with the SB TG. To my knowledge, Pietta will not even supply a SB TG as a part to Taylor's or VTI for a pre-2015 1851 Navy, so they have become, in essence, collector items for folks like me that are enmeshed with Pietta 1851 Navy type pistols. I got lucky in 2014 and Taylor's was able to order one from Pietta. It came in 2 months later due to shipping delays, Customs, et al.

Since ~2000, Pietta has used CNC machining for all of its pistols. For illustration, here is a 2014 [CM] RB TG mated with a 2015 [CN] backstrap  (I apologize for the faux Phillips-head screw; it is just to show that the "older" grip profile parts do not interchange with the "newer" grip profile parts.) A like dated SB TG would mate the same.

A pic of the Pietta G&G with the Pietta 1851 Navy Second Model SB just for grip profile comparison.

Good hunting!

Jim

We have met the enemy, and they is us. Pogo

Offline G Dog

• View Profile
« Reply #14 on: April 02, 2017, 06:53:39 PM »
Wait until to you see the EMF shipping charge.

Kali dawgs gotta pay sales tax too.  7.75% in this case.
« Last Edit: April 02, 2017, 06:59:04 PM by G Dog »
                                                   --   Aristotle