Banner image by Mike116

Banner image by Mike116

Author Topic: Firing the "Shooters" model 1858  (Read 4045 times)

Offline Bishop Creek

• View Profile
Firing the "Shooters" model 1858
« on: May 18, 2017, 04:23:39 PM »
Some of you may have seen this video I made on the Remington forum, I'm not sure how appropriate it is here on the Colt forum, though I'm working on a Colt Walker video now, which should be up soon.

My biggest concern is that when I pass away, my wife will sell my guns for what I told her I paid for them.

Offline ssb73q

• Gunsmoke junkie
    • View Profile
Re: Firing the "Shooters" model 1858
« Reply #1 on: May 19, 2017, 08:33:57 AM »
Hi Mike, nice video shooting the 1858. Good shooting, what was the range? While I have a number of replica Colts, if I was limited to only one BP revolver, it would be an 8" 1858. I look forward to seeing your upcoming Walker video.

Regards,
Richard
There’s nothing better in the morning than the smell of bacon and black powder smoke!

Offline Bishop Creek

• View Profile
Re: Firing the "Shooters" model 1858
« Reply #2 on: May 19, 2017, 12:01:40 PM »
Thanks scooby and ssb73q. It was roughly 25 yards paced off, next time I'll measure exactly. This Pietta "Shooters" revolver is the most accurate cap and ball pistol that I own, and I have quite a few. It has progressive rifling and a cylinder bored for .457 balls. Dixie Guns Works is selling these for $900 these days, but I got mine from the Cabela's Bargin Cave a number of years ago for $250.
My biggest concern is that when I pass away, my wife will sell my guns for what I told her I paid for them.