Banner image by Mike116

Banner image by Mike116

Author Topic: Home Gunsmith G&G Special! 3 Pistols  (Read 2766 times)

Offline sourdough

• 1851 Navy Parts Changer
    • View Profile
Home Gunsmith G&G Special! 3 Pistols
« on: June 26, 2017, 02:21:15 PM »
Not quite G&G's (roll engraved cylinders) but correct barrels and brass frames. All are kit guns but they don't look too bad!

Minimum bid $130, no reserve, no bids yet,

http://www.gunbroker.com/item/660899305

One can always defarb the cylinders.

I got my G&G Pietta, but this sounds like a doable project even if you only get 2 good pistols out of the deal.

Just FWIW.

Jim
We have met the enemy, and they is us. Pogo

Offline G Dog

• View Profile
Re: Home Gunsmith G&G Special! 3 Pistols
« Reply #1 on: June 26, 2017, 02:38:25 PM »
Sourdough, are you going to bid on those?  I'm wondering how high the bids will go over the next four days.
I'll be tracking this, thanks for the notice.
"Tolerance is the last virtue of a dying society."
                                                   --   Aristotle

Offline sourdough

• 1851 Navy Parts Changer
    • View Profile
Re: Home Gunsmith G&G Special! 3 Pistols
« Reply #2 on: June 26, 2017, 03:26:32 PM »
Sourdough, are you going to bid on those?  I'm wondering how high the bids will go over the next four days.
I'll be tracking this, thanks for the notice.

No, sir, I am not bidding, and I have no affiliation whatsoever with the seller. If I did not have my Pietta G&G I would really think about it. My impetus is newer Pietta 1851 Navy type .36 pistols with interchangeable CNC machined parts. It's going to be a crapshoot with the older pistols like this lot of 3 to do that with mine.

It appears that the visible missing parts are 2 load-lever pivot screws, 1 rammer, 1 load lever catch, and probably some internals like hands or trigger/bolt springs. IMO, these are probably kit guns made by ASM in the 70's-80's.

I think a good gun tinkerer could get 2 good guns out of this lot (with the addition of a few parts). VTI does carry some ASM parts. If the bid goes for $130 for 3 guns, that's only about $40/gun plus shipping, and one could pick and choose the best parts for two guns out of the three.

If the winning bid goes for $160 for the lot, I still think it is a swell deal. The seller has an A+(92) rating.

I have looked at the other firearms for sale by this outfit and I don't see any other BP stuff, just modern firearms, so I think this is like a "loss leader" at grocery stores or they just want to get shuck of such things.

Good luck and let us know how you do!

Jim
We have met the enemy, and they is us. Pogo