Banner image by Mike116

Banner image by Mike116

Author Topic: A few of my Dragoons  (Read 7443 times)

Offline Fingers McGee

• Branson State Match, 2009
    • View Profile
    • Central Ozarks Western Shooters
A few of my Dragoons
« on: September 16, 2011, 08:19:26 PM »
Here are a few of my Dragoons

Fingers (Show Me MO smoke) McGee - AKA Man of Many Colts; SASS 28564-L-TG, rangemaster and stage writer extraordinaire; Frontiersman/Pistoleer, NRA Endowment Life, Central Ozarks Western Shooters
Cynic: A blackguard whose faulty vision sees things as they are, not as they should be.  Ambrose Bierce

Offline Captainkirk

• Administrator Extraordinaire and Part-Time Gunslinger
  • Administrator
  • "Never said I didn't know how to use it" M.Quigley
    • View Profile
Re: A few of my Dragoons
« Reply #1 on: September 16, 2011, 09:58:00 PM »
Tell me about the rear sight on #2..... *^%
"You gonna pull those pistols, or whistle Dixie?"

Offline Fingers McGee

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: September 17, 2011, 12:10:54 PM »
In 1858, the Army ordered some dragoons with shoulder stocks.  The pistols were to have 3 leaf rear sights on them.  One stock for a pair of pistols.  Both pistol's serial numbers were on the stocks.  Colt also sold individual pistols with stocks on the civilian market.  In the 70s, EMF sold some ASM 3rd Model Dragoons with shoulder stocks and leaf sights.  They also sold an 18 inch barreled Dragoon with shoulder stock and holster.  They sometimes show up on the auction sites.  A couple of the pistols popped up in the past year.  I picked up the pistol and shoulder stock about 2 1/2 years ago.  MCB has one of the long barreled ones with holster.
Fingers (Show Me MO smoke) McGee - AKA Man of Many Colts; SASS 28564-L-TG, rangemaster and stage writer extraordinaire; Frontiersman/Pistoleer, NRA Endowment Life, Central Ozarks Western Shooters
Cynic: A blackguard whose faulty vision sees things as they are, not as they should be.  Ambrose Bierce

Offline Rock Island

• The Man With The Gun
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: September 19, 2011, 05:14:52 AM »
 8) 8) 8) 8)
Let us speak courteously, deal fairly, and keep ourselves armed and ready

Don't hit at all if you can help it; don't hit a man if you can possibly avoid it; but if you do hit him, put him to sleep."

Speak softly and carry a big stick; you will go far
                     Theodore Roosevelt

Offline Drayton Calhoun

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: October 09, 2011, 11:56:01 AM »
In 1858, the Army ordered some dragoons with shoulder stocks.  The pistols were to have 3 leaf rear sights on them.  One stock for a pair of pistols.  Both pistol's serial numbers were on the stocks.  Colt also sold individual pistols with stocks on the civilian market.  In the 70s, EMF sold some ASM 3rd Model Dragoons with shoulder stocks and leaf sights.  They also sold an 18 inch barreled Dragoon with shoulder stock and holster.  They sometimes show up on the auction sites.  A couple of the pistols popped up in the past year.  I picked up the pistol and shoulder stock about 2 1/2 years ago.  MCB has one of the long barreled ones with holster.
Fingers, remember the setup that EMF had with the Dragoon with the 18 inch, standard length and a sheriffs model barrel, stock and special holster/scabbard? I think it was '85 or '86 the last year it was offered.

Offline Fingers McGee

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: October 10, 2011, 09:27:23 AM »
Drayton, Don't remember that set; but do recall the cased set '51 Navy with three barrels.

Offline Drayton Calhoun

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: October 14, 2011, 02:09:45 PM »
I contacted EMF and asked them about it and nobody there rememberd it either. Well, I was at sea and sailors saw mermaids too...

Offline StrawHat

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: October 15, 2011, 04:03:04 AM »
I contacted EMF and asked them about it and nobody there rememberd it either. Well, I was at sea and sailors saw mermaids too...

I sailed for nearly twenty years, are you saying mermaids aren't real??  They sure have pretty voices.
Knowledge carried to the grave unshared, is wasted.

www.NoonSharpening.com

Offline Drayton Calhoun

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: October 15, 2011, 06:45:15 AM »
The longer you are at sea, the realer they are! LOL

Offline Drayton Calhoun

• View Profile
« Reply #9 on: October 16, 2011, 09:36:16 AM »
Fingers, I was sitting here thinking about it and I think I remember now. The long barreled Dragoon was on the opposite page from the three barreled Navy. Well, it was over twenty-five years ago...LOL