Banner image by Mike116

Banner image by Mike116

Author Topic: Any GreyBoxer Patersons out there?  (Read 5368 times)

Offline Krylandalian

• View Profile
Any GreyBoxer Patersons out there?
« on: September 02, 2017, 05:08:13 PM »
I recently learned that Colt Blackpowder Arms Co. did a few standard Patersons  Anyone seen one around?

I d  like to have one. 

I like my collection of, basically, 1 example each of Colt s repeaters.  The Paterson is the only one I don t  have.  , ,

, ,    y     e     t      ?
« Last Edit: September 02, 2017, 05:09:59 PM by Krylandalian »

Offline LonesomePigeon

• View Profile
Re: Any GreyBoxer Patersons out there?
« Reply #1 on: September 02, 2017, 10:01:32 PM »
From what I have heard the normal, non-engraved Sig Series Paterson is more rare than the engraved ones. I have seen 3 or 4 engraved ones for sale on Gunbroker, Guns America and/or Guns International in the past couple years but I don't think I have ever seen a normal one. Factoid 1: the engraved Sig Series Paterson does not have the "Sam Colt" signature on the backstrap. I don't think the normal one does either but I am not 100% sure. Factoid 2: The correct barrel address for both the engraved and non-engraved version reads "Patent Arms M'g. Co. Paterson N.J. Colt's Pt." but there was at least one non-engraved one that had a barrel address which read: "Samuel Colt Texas Paterson".

Offline Krylandalian

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: September 04, 2017, 10:12:46 PM »
Thanks for the great info.  Something for me to watch out for.  I do want one that is as authentic as possible. , and Colt Blackpowder Arms Co.  did some sketchy stuff,-  funky stamps and stuff.

Seems the Paterson is going to stay on my wish list for some time to come.    C r a p.

Offline Krylandalian

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: February 12, 2018, 09:59:22 PM »
Still looking for this.  I want it.  My collection, short of various others that I may become interested in, ,  I want a  basic example of all the Colts.,  as near as the originals as possible.  This means Colt/Colt BPAC are the only two sources I am considering.

Anyway,  I will gladly give a finders fee,  a nice one! ,  to anyone that can help me with this.

Offline DoubleDeuce1

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: September 07, 2018, 10:45:37 AM »
There is something about those Paterson revolvers.  I have an engraved Signature Series.  It is a thing of beauty.  I also have a pristine Uberti version with the loading lever.  Another beauty.  I have seen only one unengraved Signature Paterson for sale.  But that was a couple of years ago.

Supposedly,  there might be approximately only 200 of the engraved versions.  The plain ones might be around the same number.  I have no way to prove or disprove that information.  It just comes in trickles from postings and conversations.  At least it is interesting.   8)

Offline G Dog

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: September 07, 2018, 01:54:37 PM »
Once, I knew a lady who colleted dolls.  The collection was worth, maybe, a half-mil.  The dolls came in gray boxes, blue boxes, pink boxes, stripes, polka dots in various editions and on and on. It was a real chick-thing. This Colt gen x, y, z stuff in various colored boxes very much reminds me of her.
« Last Edit: September 07, 2018, 01:57:19 PM by G Dog »
"Tolerance is the last virtue of a dying society."
                                                   --   Aristotle

Offline Eric Deaton

• Modern Colt Blackpowder
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: October 21, 2018, 06:16:06 AM »
I passed on one last fall since I had bought an engraved one off of the guy. He auctioned it on GunBroker and got the same amount I paid for the engraved (with case) Paterson. I recall it was $1700.  The plain blued ones were sold that way to get rid of them before Colt Blackpowder went out of business. They had only intended to sell the engraved ones. They are very rare and I estimate less than 25. I’m writing a book on modern Colt Blackpowder revolvers, but it has been slow going. 75% done with it now.

Eric
“Collecting Modern Colt Blackpowder Revolvers” author

Offline ssb73q

• Gunsmoke junkie
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: October 22, 2018, 07:19:22 AM »
Hi, I wonder if even the replica Patersons are going the way of the dodo. Most regular sources for the Pietta Texas Paterson show "Currently unavailable".

Regards,
Richard

There’s nothing better in the morning than the smell of bacon and black powder smoke!

Offline Eric Deaton

• Modern Colt Blackpowder
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: October 27, 2018, 05:09:00 AM »
I have a new Pietta Paterson I could probably part with. In the box and never fired. It has been cocked and has some minor marks on the cylinder. It came that way from Pietta (through EMF) after they tuned it. I was told they all are supposed to be tuned and adjusted prior to shipping. If they don’t cock and rotate right then you send it to them and they will fix it. This one is ready to go.
“Collecting Modern Colt Blackpowder Revolvers” author

Offline ssb73q

• Gunsmoke junkie
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: November 04, 2018, 05:12:34 AM »
I have a new Pietta Paterson I could probably part with. In the box and never fired. It has been cocked and has some minor marks on the cylinder. It came that way from Pietta (through EMF) after they tuned it. I was told they all are supposed to be tuned and adjusted prior to shipping. If they don’t cock and rotate right then you send it to them and they will fix it. This one is ready to go.

Hi Eric, how much money will it take to have you part with your Paterson?

Regards,
Richard
There’s nothing better in the morning than the smell of bacon and black powder smoke!