Banner image by Mike116

Banner image by Mike116

Author Topic: Uberti Leech & Rigdon  (Read 13924 times)

Offline tljack

• View Profile
Re: Uberti Leech & Rigdon
« Reply #60 on: June 11, 2019, 01:59:42 PM »
The L&R is hit and miss on GB. If you get the one from Dixie, I think a spare cylinder is available without engraving. I'm not sure how mine ended up with a plain cylinder, I got it this way. But I do not believe the engraving was removed. The bluing on it is as nice as the barrel. Right now, this is my favorite pistol.

I have the other Confederate revolvers. Need this one to fill my collection in. It is important to me to get one with plain cylinder. Best luck with yours!
I Love the Smell of Burning Black in the Morning

Flinters are awesome!

Offline sourdough

• 1851 Navy Parts Changer
    • View Profile
« Reply #61 on: June 11, 2019, 04:02:50 PM »
I have the other Confederate revolvers. Need this one to fill my collection in. It is important to me to get one with plain cylinder. Best luck with yours!

If you want a Pietta L&R it ain't gonna be cheap. I started with a Cabela's Pietta 1851 Navy a few years ago that I got on a one-day sale for $170. VTI has all the parts you need (plain cylinder, part round/part octagonal barrel).

https://www.vtigunparts.com/store/shopdisplayproducts.asp?id=66&cat=Pietta+1851+Navy

The barrel is $125. The plain cylinder is $95. The load lever will work just fine. You will then have leftover parts to sell.

Check stock on all items.

I went that route because Pietta does not market that gun, even though I think they could sell a boatload of them. Pietta sometimes amazes me with missed opportunities.

Regards,

Jim
We have met the enemy, and they is us. Pogo

Offline ShotgunDave

• Gun Geezer
  • Administrator
  • Black Powder Aficionado
    • View Profile
« Reply #62 on: June 11, 2019, 04:20:25 PM »
The L&R is hit and miss on GB. If you get the one from Dixie, I think a spare cylinder is available without engraving. I'm not sure how mine ended up with a plain cylinder, I got it this way. But I do not believe the engraving was removed. The bluing on it is as nice as the barrel. Right now, this is my favorite pistol.

If you're looking for an Uberti, PM me. Maybe we can make a deal.
"Never trust an actor with a gun."
-Abe Lincoln