Banner image by Mike116

Banner image by Mike116

Author Topic: Cased Leech & Rigdon  (Read 3025 times)

Offline ShotgunDave

• Gun Geezer
  • Administrator
  • Black Powder Aficionado
    • View Profile
Cased Leech & Rigdon
« on: December 21, 2019, 08:00:12 PM »
As you all know, Sourdough acquired a cased Dance revolver from the Dr. Davis collection. Lucky dog! Well, Jim decided he didn't want the fancy case that it came in, so he and I made a deal for it.

I've always wanted a fancy case for a couple of my guns, but the damn things are expensive, and making one is out of the question. I am most definitely not, a woodworker! So this little deal fit the bill perfectly.

I thought my Uberti L&R looked the best in the case. Sorry for the crappy picture, I'll take some better one's tomorrow.

"Never trust an actor with a gun."
-Abe Lincoln

Offline sourdough

• 1851 Navy Parts Changer
    • View Profile
Re: Cased Leech & Rigdon
« Reply #1 on: December 22, 2019, 01:32:26 PM »
Well, Dave, if you like it THAT much I should have traded you straight across for your best 3rd Model Dragoon!

Looking forward to seeing photos!

Regards,

Jim
We have met the enemy, and they is us. Pogo

Offline G Dog

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: December 22, 2019, 02:29:40 PM »
Your new case is the perfect foil for that gem of an L&R.  An ideal combination.  Big ups and compliments on that one, Shotgun. You did good.
"Tolerance is the last virtue of a dying society."
                                                   --   Aristotle

Offline Miguel Loco

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: December 23, 2019, 12:35:03 PM »
Yup....it's a fit! Looks great!
"a dios rogando y con el mazo dando...y un buen cigarro"
-Mick

Offline ShotgunDave

• Gun Geezer
  • Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: December 23, 2019, 04:04:02 PM »
Thanks Fellas!
-Abe Lincoln

Offline Fingers McGee

• Branson State Match, 2009
    • View Profile
    • Central Ozarks Western Shooters
« Reply #5 on: December 24, 2019, 09:26:04 AM »
Good looking outfit Dave. Especially like the flask. 

I've always been partial to cased sets. 
« Last Edit: December 24, 2019, 10:24:28 AM by Fingers McGee »
Fingers (Show Me MO smoke) McGee - AKA Man of Many Colts; SASS 28564-L-TG, rangemaster and stage writer extraordinaire; Frontiersman/Pistoleer, NRA Endowment Life, Central Ozarks Western Shooters
Cynic: A blackguard whose faulty vision sees things as they are, not as they should be.  Ambrose Bierce

Offline ShotgunDave

• Gun Geezer
  • Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: December 24, 2019, 11:20:32 AM »
Thanks Fingers.

I know you love the cased sets. You're the master of them!

Did you see the cased pair of Patersons on October Country? They would go nicely with your other gold lined sets. I wanted them pretty bad, but at $1000 it's a bit outta my reach right now.
-Abe Lincoln

Offline Fingers McGee

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: December 24, 2019, 12:18:53 PM »
 Yeah, I  saw them.  There was sometime in the not too distant past when I would have jumped on them and a few others from Dr Davis' collection. But, I'll probably not buy any.  I've been selling items from my collection (except the 2nd gens)  for the past couple years and will probably sell a dozen or so next year.  A pair of Navy Arms Frontiersman; a pair of Pietta US Marshall 1860, Uberti .36 Remington, Traditions SS 58 Remington w/extra cylinder and Howell cartridge conversion cylinder, Pietta Paterson, an unfired pair of G&U Griswold and Gunnisons made in 1960 are on the possible list so far.
Fingers (Show Me MO smoke) McGee - AKA Man of Many Colts; SASS 28564-L-TG, rangemaster and stage writer extraordinaire; Frontiersman/Pistoleer, NRA Endowment Life, Central Ozarks Western Shooters
Cynic: A blackguard whose faulty vision sees things as they are, not as they should be.  Ambrose Bierce

Offline Len

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: December 24, 2019, 12:21:36 PM »
ShotgunDave & Fingers' thanks for yer pics. Great stuff

Offline ShotgunDave

• Gun Geezer
  • Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: December 24, 2019, 12:56:57 PM »
Yeah, I  saw them.  There was sometime in the not too distant past when I would have jumped on them and a few others from Dr Davis' collection. But, I'll probably not buy any.  I've been selling items from my collection (except the 2nd gens)  for the past couple years and will probably sell a dozen or so next year.  A pair of Navy Arms Frontiersman; a pair of Pietta US Marshall 1860, Uberti .36 Remington, Traditions SS 58 Remington w/extra cylinder and Howell cartridge conversion cylinder, Pietta Paterson, an unfired pair of G&U Griswold and Gunnisons made in 1960 are on the possible list so far.

Well hopefully when you're ready to sell, I'll be in a financially good way, so I can have a shot at the Paterson.

A Paterson and a Colt/Burgess rifle are really all I want to try and acquire next year.

Glad to be of service Len!
-Abe Lincoln

Offline Fingers McGee

• View Profile
« Reply #10 on: December 24, 2019, 04:47:39 PM »

Well hopefully when you're ready to sell, I'll be in a financially good way, so I can have a shot at the Paterson.

A Paterson and a Colt/Burgess rifle are really all I want to try and acquire next year.

Glad to be of service Len!

I've changed my collecting direction.  I've started to collect first generation six shot pocket models and 1851 Navies. So far I've picked up an 1852 2nd model Navy and two pocket models.  The Navy shoots pretty good.  I haven't gotten the pocket models to the range yet.